An Office View from Hell.

Solomick

Christ Mick, I hope you are paid well. Actualy, silly thing to say.... seing as you are in oil, you must be bloody minted fella.

So what are the perks? I guess you travel around a fair bit.... is there not a dream posting in your biz? Are all the locations truly shit holes?

A few years ago I had the misfortune of having to visit an Angolan Refinery, Luanda if my Memory serves me right, and what made me uneasy was the fact that the military had more fire power aimed at the installation than actualy defending it. The philosophy being that if the rebels tried to take over the place theauthorities would rather cripple it than let it fall into rebel control.

Fortunately my Middle Eastern forays are getting less frequent, last time I was there I was in Yanbu when the place got shot up, and I see thet another one of my old plants "Abqaiq" was hit yesterday, I am only suprised it didn't happen earlier, Abqaiq, Ras Tanura or TAP (Trans Arabian Pipeline) take out would cripple world oil supplies.

40 hour work and 4 nights living per week in eastern seaboard is slightly better than the thought of going back out that way. Just hope we keep winning projects.

Archived