Thaksin ordered by King to dissolve parliament :)

chilli13

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first morning after dissolution of goverment and an Interesting poll on iTV Thaksin's own TV station. 77% thing he should have resigned only 23% in favour of dissolution.

Unfortunatley this is not a true reflection most TRT voters will be out in the Rice Fields, down the market or watching the soaps on channel 7, not wasting time taking part in political debates.

The election will be won and lost in the rice paddies not in Sanam Luang.

I think I told you the story about my missus who was going back home to vote at the last election.

When i asked her who she was going to vote for she said "I don't know yet....I don't know who is going to pay me the most money!!"

Fortunately this time she is seriously pissed off with Talksome Shitalot so she won't vote for him.

This is however clearly the best strategy for Shitalot as he is certain in my mind to get re-elected.

Since we moved to her province I wil make sure the gf goes voting this time and it won't be for Toxin. Now I will need to explain to her father what a liar and thief Toxin really is, converting a whole Issaan village :boxing:

(Issaan with double s and double a, since we don't have the equivalent long consonnants and long vowels)

thalenoi said:

Since we moved to her province I wil make sure the gf goes voting this time and it won't be for Toxin. Now I will need to explain to her father what a liar and thief Toxin really is, converting a whole Issaan village :boxing:

(Issaan with double s and double a, since we don't have the equivalent long consonnants and long vowels)

Talenoi, this statement backs up my own experiences ..

Chinese New Year I was with the In-Laws, my wife (obviously) a bother and sister and a few cousins have lived in BKK most of their adult life. Most of the previous generation are all still back home in Ubon Ratchathani. the dinner table was divided by policies based on where people live / work (I was just sitting with my wife, farang is not wntitled to opinions especially when my mother in law is present :dunno:)

Only 2 of the Aunties sat with the youngsters, Uni Educated 30-40 somethings in BKK one who is married to a Canadian Guy (ATC in Ubon During Nam) and has been Home in Thailand less than a year after 30+ in the west and another one who has worked with multinationals when this place was known as Siam.

The Ubom side of the family are so Pro Thaksin they debate like zombies (Thai Chinese Business Owners not average Issaan folk), it was rather interesting watching the Aunts nearly fighting .. The fact that he would dissolve goverment without his promised 90 days notice to the house being a rather contentious issue (The Liar prove the Anti's correct).

Last week at work I was pissed off by some reply to a contactual issue from one of our Thai Clients, and I responded in English and not the watered down version of the language we tend to use over here, I used the word "WHIM" (making once decision based on one owns Fancy rather than logiacal reason) when I expalined it to one of my Thai Colleuges his first reply was "Khun Thaksin" our PM is the same he is a WHIM p!

IMHO as an observor rather than a participator in Thai Politics, Thaksin is in the position where the majority of educated people can see through his lies and scams, but he is too clever for the masses where his popurlarity lies.

OK I'll get off my soap box now!

I don't see it as such as masterly move. Even in the case where he wins, won't he be likely to win with a decreased majority, which his opponents will be able to point to and use to their advantage, keeping on the pressure? And he'd only get an extra year's breathing space.

The 90 day rule is a tricky one but, seeing as it's only a year's difference among MPs who would presumably know they're in Thaksin's bad books anyway and believe that he's doomed, I can't see that it would necessarily get them to fall into line. There could surely be deals with proxy candidates in other parties to look after their interests? :dunno:

Nervous_Dog said:

in fact I think the opposition has made a large mistake, if they had kept the pressure but not let him resign it would have given them a ertain victory in 3 years

I disagree. If changes were made to the constitution as things sit now, checks and balances would be whacked right off the stage.

I think overall, this is the best. There's bound to be ups and downs, but this is much better than being led up a hill with an extremely steep slope going down.

<<burp>>

thalenoi said:

I'm lucky that my GF lives in South Thailand. Her family voting always

for the Democrat Party. They never, never vote for TRT.

TRT won one little seat in the whole South in the last election and that made

Thaksin angry (and Me Happy). :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Archived