yaa baa

FAT_AUSSIE

I have been out of Thailand for six weeks now and of the past 3-4 years I have been coming to Thailand I have seen little of the violent side of Yaa Baa. That was until the past fortnight. Like I said I'm not in Thailand right now but am in contact usually two or more times daily with my wife in country Uttaradit. Over the past two weeks I have heard many concerning storys of violence in our usually sleepy little area-26 km out of Uttaradit itself. Last weekend a young man influenced by alcahol and yaa baa come to my home seeking his girlfriend whom of which left him after she discovered that he slept with another woman, he shot AT her twice with a 32 calibre pistol. That was just the begining. Since last weekend there has been an innocent motorcylist hospitalised as he had a bottle thrown at him whilst he was just riding along. Two nights ago a fellow nearby was shot and just last night there was a stabbing. All my wife concludes is a result of yaa baa. Like I said our little corner of the world is usually very slow and quiet and I have never seen the greater problems associated with yaa baa. Given the occurrances of the past fortnight would I be wrong in believing that yaa baa may now be in better supply and that this is a change my home is about to see?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crystal Meth? What would you compare it to? What sort of high would it induce, speed like i suppose?

If i took enough Yaa Baa in one day, would a sustain the power/energy to visit all hospitals in BKK looking for SD's fantastic drop dead cute avatar?

Fuck, she IS cute.... :banghead:

Im a decent bloke y'know SD. You would be a lucky fella to have me as a family member mate :)

Not sure about what yaa baa actually is, allthough the reactions I have heard of seem more typical of a PCP (angel dust) type drug. Methethyanphetamine (crystal meth) does'nt really create the simmilar sort of aggression or derrangement that Yaa Baa seems to create. I'm no doctor and I've never taken Yaa Baa or had associations with anyone who has so I am really just guessing here, just my thoughts.

We certainly are a rural community and ever since I made our location our home there has been boredom and poverty. Never have I seen drug use like I have heard of recently. I try to believe the recent end of higher education for many may contribute free time and reason for celebration but it's not just school leavers who are the fools. Alcaholism seems to be a lot more prevalant now too.

Sad, we have a beautiful corner of the world spoit by drugs, booze and wankers. Build up to the wet season? who knows, the way things seem to be rapidly progressing and my recent discovery of alot of paedophilia going on I think moreso for my daughters benefit a move to Australia could be on the cards.

I have a daughter as well and as conceptually idyllic

as some rural areas of Thailand are I would absolutely not want to raise a child in some of these areas. Its really not giving the wee one much of a headstart on life is it?

There are excellent Inter schools in BKK just for a start.

I often wonder how some of the Farangs want to integrate at this level of Thai society.Its like me taking my family to rural Appalachia in red-neck Tennesee and thinking it would work.Just my POV mind you. Good luck and best to you.

Archived