yaa baa

FAT_AUSSIE

Methethyanphetamine (crystal meth) does'nt really create the simmilar sort of aggression or derrangement that Yaa Baa seems to create.

Try doing a google search for crystal meth + violence. As for derangement, it makes some people psychotic, so I guess that qualifies. Really nasty and readily available stuff. There are rehab facilities throughout the Philippines dealing mainly with crystal meth ("shabu", in that country) users from all backgrounds. Not too many rehab places in Thailand, from what I understand.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
limbo said:

It's crystal meth laced with something else in it, the way I understand it.

It's just meth, but here in LoS it may not be "cooked" correctly with pure ingredients. FYI, meth is a drug made in one's "bathtub" (unlike coke or horse), so quality control is non-existant.

Believe me, I have teenage daughters -- not that they were ever involved with it, but as a parent ya gotta know the current dangers. So I know all about this shit! It is evil!!! And I am a past recreational pharmacutical user... :(:nono:

What's it like?:

What is Meth?

Chrystal Meth (Crank) Methamphetamine is a powerful central nervous system stimulant. A synthetic drug, Meth has a high potential for abuse and dependence. It is illegally produced and sold in pill form, capsules, powder and chunks; it can also be smoked, snorted or injected. The fast, powerful high tapers off quickly, leaving the user with a strong desire to do more.

What are the street names for Methamphetamine?

This drug is referred to by many names, including "Meth", "speed", "crank", "chald," "go-fast", "zip," and "cristy". The smokable form of this drug is ofen called "L.A.", "ice", "crystal or chrystal", "64glass", or "quartz."

What about Meth treatment and recovery?

Several treatment providers describe Methamphetamine abusers as "the hardest to treat" of all drug users. However; Meth addicts got over the acute effects of withdrawal fairly quickly, but the "wall" period lasts six to eight months for casual users and two to three years for regular users. Treatment referrals provide rehabs that effectively treat drug dependency, addressing the behavior and thinking patterns that directly contribute to the individual's disease and ensuring patients have a meaningful recovery. Our counselors are ready to help put you or your loved one onto the road to recovery.

Where is Meth manufactured and distributed?

It is both domestically produced and imported...in already processed form.

Who is using Methamphetamine?

There are two basic profiles (as reported by law enforcement and treatment providers):

1. students of high-school and college age; and

2. white, blue-collar workers and unemployed persons in their 20s and 30s.

Meth is prevalent in both urban and rural areas, and equally divided among males and females. Women; however, are more likely to use Meth than cocaine.

Why do people start using Methamphetamine?

Athletes and students sometimes begin using Meth because of the initial heightened physical and mental performance the drug produces. Blue-collar and service workers may use the drug to work extra shifts. Young women often begin using Meth to lose weight. It is also a recreational, social drug that is much less expensive and more accessible than cocaine.

How much of this drug can cause an overdose?

A toxic reaction can occur at relatively low levels, 50 milligrams of pure drug for a non-tolerant user.

Why is Methamphetamine addictive?

Facts: All addictive drugs have two things in common - they produce an initial pleasurable effect, followed by a rebound unpleasant effect. The user physically demands more of the drug to return to normal.

Regards,

SD

expect a turn for the worse if meth is starting to gain popularity in your area. it will take awhile for there to be a backlash among the younger kids againts it, and it's some bad news all around.

I do my fair share of the drugs, but meth is a scary one. the brain just doesn't work right after a couple of days without sleep, and people can do some fucked up shit.

I didn't know ex was popular in thailand. it's probably a good thing, i might have tracked some down while I was there and made a few mistakes! I took a break from weed while I was visiting, primarily cause I didn't want any run-ins with the authorities, but the temptation to blend E with a night at the go-gos might have been too much for me.

I hear ya! But unfortunately yaa baa is probably the most popular drug in LoS. :( I reckon at least a third of the gogo gals are on it at least for a time...

Most of the casuties from Thaksin's war (errr, murder?) on drugs were in the meth industry.

Cheers,

SD

Yaa baa or (yaba) is a combination of methamphetamine and caffeine, supposedly based on a recipe developed in Germany during WWII (hence the nicknames "Nazi speed" or "Hitler speed"). Since it is an illicit drug, it can contain just about anything. People can indeed become delusional and even violent on yaba, mainly as result of disturbing body and brain chemistry by going without sleep for days at a time.

Here's a Web site with info specifically on yaba:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs5/5048/5048p.pdf

:devil:

Isn't that lovely...the Thai flag on the drugs containers in the pix on the front page of the brochure. We (the US) are sure to win friends there :doah: !

But good info, thanks. I am vindicated in the line from the brochure: "most data sources do not distinguish yaba from other forms of methamphetamine".

Cheers.

S-anal: has to be right-D

a good deal of the violence is not from a reaction to the drug itself, rather the inability to afford a habit. eg - I need some shit, I got no money, hey look a victim...

Yaa Baa is often sold in a pill form [orange] and they need to add *ingredients* to make it bind up and hold form. This is the cause of many impurities. This can also be said of MDMA [ecstacy]. The pure stuff is a flake that will not pack together and stay that way. The binding agents can be made from different speed, heroin, or many type of plastics, resin, etc.

Yaa Baa is a nasty, very addictive drug, that makes most people ramble on like 'fiery jack' on steroids, and become violent when they run out. I would steer clear of anyone who is using, holding, or you just think uses.

Archived