yaa baa

FAT_AUSSIE

buddha said:

"Sometime in the mid 90's there was a goverment drive to change the perception of cheap amphetamines from the Postive of "Horse Drug" giving the user strength to the negative of "Crazy Drug" and it was the media under goverment directives that changed the name."

I read that in the lonely planet thai phrasebook.

My Wife translated it from a Thai Language Newspaper for me back then before I could read Thai...

Don't beleive everything you read in LP, and dont try to belittle me

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea. That is current terminology per my daughters and their teen/20-something friends. Not much of a pharmacutecal guy in my old age...that's a young person's thing. So therefore until daughters came of age to be taught about those things, I pretty much ignored it.

Cheers,

SD

buddha said:

I was only sourcing...no offense intended...

Non Taken,

Its just that referances to LP tend to imply a source of limited knowledge, and I had something else on my mind when I posted so I may have over reacted.

<<---Makes Note Don't make Postings when mind is upset about other issues.

I have seen stuff used openly in the Sois of Patong. Many people attribute the crazy behavior of the Lady Boys to Yaa Baa use. Apparently it is easy to get in the "room area" of the thais workiong in the bar sceen in Patong. Conversly the kids of Surnin thinks it is bad stuff. Little problem in the schools, and even tghe night life busines such as it is in Surin. I've seen more than one LB wig out and all the otehr say the creature had too much Yaa Baa...I had it offered to me, no charge, by a bartender on Soi Bangla. No thanks I replied as I had just dropped 100 mg of Cialas was was heading off for a double boom.

Archived