Boy was I Wrong...

tbear31

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by tbear31:

I would like to propose a new medical condition known as NuMB. This is an acronym for Not My Bargirl! This affliction affects people from returning from LOS...

In my opinion, perhaps NuMB is more accurately described as a condition where the lines between fantasy and reality become blurred? And one minor correction: no amount of experience or exposure confers immunity. Those of us who live here are equally at risk.

I've been in BKK for 2 years, and have been what you might call a very enthusiastic consumer of the product that provides the subject matter for this board. I know the tricks, the lies, the bullshit. But even still, the cycle of fantasy and reality plays out time and time again, sometimes on a larger scale like you experienced, and sometimes on a smaller scale.

Welcome to the club, there is no shame!

This stuff happens daily in LOS. BGs are masters of deception and manipulation. We are suckers, because we have the tendency to treat people in a fair and equal matter. BGs are looking out for their own and family needs.

This is business and survival for these BGs; Tourists/ex-pats are here for socialability and esteem needs. Our objectives are different and thus not compatible.

Thank God I have weaned myself off BGs (took me a few times to get burn) and focus only on regular girls for meaningful relationships. BGs serve one purpose and one purpose only. How many times do you hear "Oh, she is different from the others........." Another fool joins the club.

Cardinalblue

Don't sweat it TBear, you weathered the storm well as these girls are about as slick as they come. I have heard of meny times when the current husband e- mails the "boyfriend(s)". You got through it with minimal damage and now have the knowledge and insight needed.

Does this kind of stuff happen all the time?

T

(Newbie)

TBear,

Yes, it does ......

Thats why there is a board like this so one can speak / relate / learn from others....

It is this board who cured my last Bangkok Blues....

I believe it was Einstein who said that there are 2 things infinite : space and the stupidity of man....

This said, go back to Disneyland, enjoy the rides, then go back to save some money for the next trip.

Just think of all the thousands of farangs who were suckered before the internet arrived. How many of us would have been trapped if we didn't have the benefit of other posters experiences?

This message board could of saved us all millions of baht.....

We go there and see everything through Western eyes.From who these people are to how they fir in our goals {Girlfriend, Marrage etc.} Think about for about one nano second most sanukers go there for sanuk. You dont necessarily have an intimate relationship by having sex immediately. We did not grow up in the Rice Paddies somewhere making jack S_ _t for a money and have almost zero opportunity to educate ourselves. Many of the Thai men are womanizing , drinkers and they are not there for thier vacations they iot is their country. So the the way I see it many woman respond, to get by , by lying and scrounging and hooking for money.We seem to be endlessly surprised when "our girl" lies to us or some other "lucky farang" is duped into the same dilemma. I think if you ask yourself two things 1)What you are doing, and 2) How you are doing it. If you can figure these two things out you need not try to figure out what other people are doing. Lets be happy just visiting this wondeful Disneyland type attraction and distraction from our western lives. You might find a nice Thai girl in the bar scene but it is far more likly you will find one that does not do that line of work. On the other hand your probably not sleeping with the latter the first night out. We go to thailand and we go home. Making a life with someone or even having a relationship is when two people do "THE WORK". You know that is the everyday living together. Please put some perspective here. Through our behavior not our words we all show who we are.

Archived