Boy was I Wrong...

tbear31

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is I ALWAYS feel like an outsider in LOS because I am! I grew up way differently than them. How can they take me seriously given the context of THIER situation? They cannot even if they really want to! That takes more time and patience even for a bargirl who wants to be sincere! Remember these girls are a very happy bunch to play with but they have been through and seen/heard more than we can contemplate. With that said my vacation is my vacation. My love, girlfriend, or wife, well lets say she aint in no bar!

Mykal

The thing is: thais and most 3rd wolrd countries people who come in contact with westerners in a very mercantile environment (say, like sex for money. one tends to forget the reason for this whole scene, incredibly so) will sell us what we want. We have all made more or less costly mistakes thinking we were going thru something really genuine with a BG, forgetting too easily money (maybe not the first few days, ie.the famous "freebies") is a big part of the equation. I believe it is up to the guy to decide if he wants to forget he has a brain and get fleeced or heartbroken blindly, or if he can be patient and have time to figure out things for himself. Not everyone can stay for months in LOS, but it sure does help to really visit the country, start picking up on the social environment (man/woman, rich/poor, etc...), and relating to the woman in your heart,ex. see where she lives, know her friends, check her sayings and doings, not by confronting her if it seems changing as the affair goes, (not a big thing in itself, in the beginning they will always be selling the best truth to you) but by doing your homework in your own little brain and add up the infos. It helps to put yourself in a Bg's position and assume your next income, meal and whatever, will have to come from meeting yet another farang who thinks he is such a great guy, never mind he finds himself so far away from home (what a hazard!) in a gogo/bar/disco/street where (opps! did he forget?) you buy sex or company with money. As for love, Mama said it: you can't hurry it!

P127 wrote, "...It sure does help to really visit the country, start picking up on the social environment (man/woman, rich/poor, etc...), and relating to the woman in your heart,ex. see where she lives, know her friends, check her sayings and doings, not by confronting her if it seems changing as the affair goes,...but by doing your homework in your own little brain and add up the infos."

Good point P127. The situation is very complex, and demands a lot of dutiful study and reflection. Regardless, that doesn't mean that BGs are not real human beings (and I'm not saying that any posters argued as such).

I think that there is the potential for love, if a guy is experienced and careful. However, I think that the potential is low. It is low for farangs with BGs, but also EQUALLY as low for farangs with NON!-BG Thais.

In my opinion, most of the chasm between shrewd farangs and BGs can be explained by the cultural differences, rather than by the fact that the girl is a hooker.

My relationships with BGs and TGFs have all failed, but equally so. Maybe I should wait and post, once one or the other (BG or TGF) works out; and, keep my mouth shut before then. crazy.gif" border="0

VTom Brown, maybe I am lucky or maybe you are unlucky. I have never been to Thailand. I have met a Thammastat babe on the net. We have been together over one year.We e-mailed,phoned. She flew with her money to Boston for two weeks to me. Her mom is in California. I went to California to meet her mom and vacation. Things are great between us. I believe I have found a gem. I'll keep you postsed. Mike

There are only 2 types of people:

The Haves & The Have Nots.

All Bgs are from the latter group, else why would they do the job?

Affection will naturally grow in some circumstance between Bg and customer.

Most circumstances the Bg wants something you have and it certainly ain't your heart.

Just to give an update....

After a couple of emails back and forth, I have come to the conclusion that the guy is a little nuts. He is now planning on selling his belongings, cashing in his pension, etc., in order to move to LOS. He is sending more money to her family, village, etc.

On the other hand, the girl seems to be encouraging him to do this, which of course would be a contridiction to the love that she has stated she feels for me.

I feel like the guy on the sidewalk who suddenly sees a truck racing the wrong way down a one-way street. You want to scream out a warning, but then again, there is a small part of you that wants to see what happens. I wouldn't even know who to warn. Is it the guy, who will probably end up penniless and alone, or the girl, who may be selling herself to a complete maniac?

It's the perfect combination; a man blinded by love, and a women jaded enough to milk him dry.

I have decided to step away, and cover my eyes to the whole situation. I think that I might 'peek' through my fingers and now and again, but nothing more. Who knows, in the Bizzaro world that is LOS, where everything is opposite to the rest of the world, this might be a match made in heaven.

T

I have decided to step away, and cover my eyes to the whole situation. I think that I might 'peek' through my fingers and now and again, but nothing more. Who knows, in the Bizzaro world that is LOS, where everything is opposite to the rest of the world, this might be a match made in heaven.

TBear,

Not the easiest decision to make, but - I believe - the only correct one on long term....

Next time around, may I suggest you to butterfly around a bit ?

Cheers

Archived