Boy was I Wrong...

tbear31

You may remember me for the appropriately named 'TBear Newbie' reports detailing my two trips to Thailand. I have considered that for my next trip, I might consider myself a 'Beginner' or perhaps 'Amateur', because I now have a handle on how things work in LOS....

Nothing could be further from the truth.

If you remember, my last report had me going on and on about how I had fallen for a bargirl in Pattaya, and how she was planning on going back home; and never return to Pattaya. She was in a bad situation, and was only doing her work to pay off some debts. Yada, Yada, Yada....

My dream bubble stayed intact for about 5 days. She wrote me to say hello and to ask for my address. I asked for her address as well. Within a day I recieved a reply, strangly enough, listing her address as being in South Pattaya. How sweet of her to travel from Isaan all the way to Pattaya just to pick up her mail.

She did send me a card, so I chalked this up as a minor infraction.

So weeks passed by and, as I expected, the emails slowed down as it becomes apparent that it's difficult to maintain a relationship when there is an entire ocean seperating you.

I few weeks ago, I get an email from a stranger saying that he is my bargirl's boyfriend (Misdemeanor). He reports that he is a long time boyfriend (minor felony), who has recently married her (major f*ckin felony), they have a child together (capital crime!) and trying to import her to the U.S. (Crime against humanity?). He is worried that she is lying to him (duh?), because she says that our relationship was just platonic (platonic relationship in Pattaya, how original!), and she never like me anyway. He has given her, and her family thousands of US Dollars, with more on the way.

Keep in mind that all of this happened within four weeks since I last saw her! I called her up for a confirmation, and she dismissed it as a passing school-boy crush ('I no like him'). She then asked when I was going to come to Thailand again, and that she misses me. I could not believe how easily she dismissed the whole thing.

My question is..., well what I want to ask is.... basically... WTF! I know that you guys said the girls are devious but I can't believe I was so wrong about this girl. She came off as being sweet, and caring and completely different then the other girls. I remember laughing with the girls at the bar as another bargirl was telling the story of how she was currently married, but didn't like the weather in his home town. So she came back to work.

I would like to propose a new medical condition known as NuMB. This is an acronym for Not My Bargirl! This affliction affects people from returning from LOS who do everything in their power to explain away huge amounts of factual information to explain their girlfriend's indescretions. A chronic sufferer could witness his girlfriend boffing another man, and explain it away as a horizontal Heimlich Manuever ('No problem honey, He choke on chicken stick, me specially trained to help!')

I would like to also apologize for the people on the board who tell their stories of deception because frankly I really thought you were in the minority. I got a first hand taste of the web of lies these girls can weave.

I never, ever thought I would be writing this. I think my heart has developed a little scar tissue, and will become a little harder.

Does this kind of stuff happen all the time?

T

(Newbie)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Bud, let me tell you something about men and women, we're all liars and you're all idiots..."-"Kelly Bundy" from the t.v. show married with Children

True as it is, we have all been there. I don't think there is a man in this world who can honestly say a woman never lied to him. So join the club! At least you will be sadder but wiser! There were some posts for a book called "Private Dancer," which paints a relistic picture of this very thing. You should check it out.

quote:

Originally posted by Serious Sanuk:

We go there and see everything through Western eyes.From who these people are to how they fir in our goals {Girlfriend, Marrage etc.}

It is not a Western condition. Guys from Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan have all been fleeced by the BGs.

The BGs give us a dream. A dream WE want to believe. Leave the dream in dreamland. frown.gif" border="0

I loved your first reports but the second was confined to this girl. OK we all take a gamble and some pay off but most fall thru.Keep your head up. At least this did not go on for a long time.

I am currently gambling and hope that this is a winner but you never know.

Keep up the reports. You have a gift.

Bush

Don't sweat it. You were lucky. You didn't invest much, either emotionally or financially or time-wise (what's the right word for that?). You really need to HAVE the experience to learn from it.

Serious Sanuk is right. To understand them, you have to go back to their homes, see where they grew up. Then start to try to see the world through those eyes. You start off with little hope and little self-esteem. After working in the bars for years, you'd see an endless stream of seemingly sincere farangs who then tossed you aside..

Darn, I'm depressing myself here crazy.gif" border="0

Ah, just go out and have fun.

I always say unless you are living with BG in LOS assume she is doing her thing. When you live with her in Thailand, speak fluent Thai/Issan and can account for her every movement within a 15 minute time differential and have a baby with her, only then can u trust her 100%.

quote:

Originally posted by greg:

One of things I liked about the book, Private Dancer, was that all the farang in it were convinced that their girlfriends were different to the usual bargirl - hilarious!

I thought this was a great book! And yeah, I'd have to agree with you. Funny thing is, I know a lot of guys here who are being played as we speak, and you just can't tell them anything!

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

I always say unless you are living with BG in LOS assume she is doing her thing. When you live with her in Thailand, speak fluent Thai/Issan and can account for her every movement within a 15 minute time differential and have a baby with her, only then can u trust her 100%.

JJ,

Could you elaborate on that 'baby thing', that just is not clear with me...is that a must ?

The will say "not same other girl" easy to beleive or not.

but when they say "u not same other falang man" and backed up with treat lady bad, butterfly, drink too much.

watch out!

You may find yourself trying to live up to here expectations. ( was that here plan or what?)

quote:

Originally posted by BelgianBoy:

JJ,

Could you elaborate on that 'baby thing', that just is not clear with me...is that a must ?

Keep them pregnant and you keep them busy.

Archived