30 Day Visa, Visa Runs.. what about the airport?

Weird

I've been hassled by both Korean Air and China Air personnel in the US boarding to thailand on a one-way ticket (no visa), but in both cases I was able to charm my way out of it.

now I use a safety measure: I buy a cheap ticket online to phnom penh, etc., which is "evidence of onward travel," and that will satisfy them. on a recent trip to the US (I live in bangkok) on a round-trip ticket purchased here (so for US purposes I had no return ticket), I bought a ticket on Lao Aviation and carried that with me.

btw, I really did need to go to both those places...but I would've taken the train to laos if I wasn't concerned about having the "proof of onward travel" for the tight-assed US airline personnel...

preahko

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been in and out of Tailand for past 15 years. Always buy round trip ticket from BKK. Have flown back countless times from Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich, and less often from Helsinki, Paris, Kopenhagen ect. Have never been questioned even once at the check-ins in fifteen years.

Also countless short visa runs to Tokyo, HK, Macau, Singapore, KL, Taipei, Manila, ect ect, also have never been questioned not even once about return ticket in 15 years.

So personally I don't concern this as a problem.

Same-same here. Many years, in/out of Thailand with no hassles....except for this time from Chicago, but maybe just a new ticket agent at the counter.

My calculating mind is thinking that the airlines will press you into buying another ticket, on the spot, so as for the airlines to make more $$$

Just a thought...

Archived