Age differences

MaiLuk

What are the age differences you see between thai and thai relationships?

And for comparison, what are the typical age differences you see in LOS between farang and thai?

And while on the age subject, what is an OK age difference between a farang and his beloved thai girl. Are there limits that in your opinion should not be crossed? For example, a 75 year old makes a 19 year old thai girl his GF (or more accurately she makes him her boyfriend). Does this bug you or do you think anything goes?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the Thai men I know marry a girl their own age then after a few years acquire a mia noi, literally little wife. These can be quite young, particularly in the North where I live where hills tribes girls are readily available for a few baht a week. When I had my new house party my girlfriend's father and brothers actually invited a selection that I was expected to choose from and were vastly amused when I gratefully refused the generous offer. Well, for fucks sake, talk about too close to home. Farang and Thai relationships run the full range and are the couples own business. I am 57 and my first relation ship was with a 20 year old Lao girl 5 years ago. That lasted a year, then I moved on to a 35 year old Philipina for a couple of years and am now quite content with a 43 year old Thai woman. She has no kids, her body is perfect, she lived in Europe for five years and her family are self supporting. Perfect.

I don't see any problems whatsoever with age gaps between Farang and Thai, as long as it remains me in my "mature" years and the t/g in her very early twenties...very sensible I have found!

BTW, like many, have witnessed many Thai men (mid-upper-class+) with their "daughters", about town, they seem to have the franchise on this!

Ppl are programmed to have relationships within their age group. That this is mainstream does not mean young/old relationships should not exist. Age is such a relative thing. If you love somebody that whole age idea disappears. Age can be only an outside thing like appearance of wrinkles. When the older one feels he/she has the body of a 25 yo, feels congruent with the younger one. What is wrong with that? Some ppl at the age of 50 are dead in their spontaneity, in their actions, in their sports. When the younger one is very spontanous, active and sports a lot a love relationship would maybe not work. Some ppl at 50 are very creative, smart to keep things exciting, in short dont feel their age at all. This person might be much better compatible with a young one. But if you wonder whether those wrinkles, age spots or overweigth will keep being an eyesore for the young one. I dont think so if the young one knows how to love.

Your as old how you feel! If your partner agrees with that you are well off.

From what I have seen in Pattaya the girls are able to realize that their elderly boyfriend is Djai Dee (good hearted) but when it comes to things like dancing the whole night, acceptance of their friends or the little things in life there are major differences and from what i have seen the younger girl doesn't stop watching for Mr Right!

In theory everything is possible in Thailand and everyone is an individual!

IMO you have to ask the question differently because the age gab is not important, the age of the characters are important

i.e.

30 years gap

20 yo girl and 50 yo guy = might be difficult

35 yo girl and 65 yo guy = could work very well

IMO it is always difficult to make a relationship work when you are dating out of your league, but it is up to you how old you feel and in which league you see yourself!

To answer your question the way you asked it:

15 years max! because this could work with all ages ;)

<<<Your as old how you feel! If your partner agrees with that you are well off. >>>

I thought it was you're only as old as the woman you feel! ::

Spiceman beat me to the "half your age plus seven" rule. Where does that come from? I hear it thrown around a bit.

It's funny isn't it. If you were to ask this same question to a Thai Girl you would get a completely different response. This question is more about what is acceptable to western views rather than what works or doesn't. Guys seem to forget that the TG's aren't hung up about this only the falangs. Shit I've seen some pretty sad sights in my time as well but who am I to judge. If it feels right go for it. Current GF and I 22 years difference and we have such a great time together. We joke about me being older than her father. Twice her age and proud of it.

Archived