Age differences

MaiLuk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<<Ppl are programmed to have relationships within their age group. >>

Don't buy it. In fact I think the opposite is true.

Over the years I've had many family friends etc, all much younger than me, start their first flirting with me. Why? They know it's safe, I wont bite back, and they think it's fun. After a few weeks they stop.

How common is this, talking to some mates the other day, very.

In my life, I've always had younger girlfriends, LOOONG before I came here. In fact my first trip my Aussie girl was younger then the bar girls I met! and I was already in my early 30's!

Dont buy that at all TC

DOG

ChristianTroy said:

IMO you have to ask the question differently because the age gab is not important, the age of the characters are important

i.e.

30 years gap

20 yo girl and 50 yo guy = might be difficult

35 yo girl and 65 yo guy = could work very well

IMO it is always difficult to make a relationship work when you are dating out of your league, but it is up to you how old you feel and in which league you see yourself!

To answer your question the way you asked it:

15 years max! because this could work with all ages ;)

CT,

I never did consult a age comparison chart when deciding what girl was right for me, it was chemistry. However simple math says that my lady is 37 yrs. younger than me. She is a modern Thai lady, modern because she is from a younger Thai generation. I believe that these younger girls increasingly want to align themselves with older guys. They're finding us to be a safe place for their long term plans for stability, and having a family. My life mate is wonderfully mature for her age, smart, and most importantly happy. That makes me happy. She walks around the apt. singing all day. Together we've created an asset of enduring value for both of us.

"...and it burns burns burns the ling of fire, the ling of fire...

-OT

Hi dog,

On the subject of "programmed" it depends what Topcatta means. If she means that it is the social norm in the west and that big age differences are frowned on, then I would agree with her. If she means programmed in the genes, then I don't.

Going by the formula, my ideal age is 35 and I would be inclined to agree with that. If and when I am in a position to look for a new gf, I will use that as my strict guide and only get involved with exactly the right aged person.

Except that a couple of years later she will be too old - and just maybe there might be a situation of mutual attraction where I get involved before I have done the maths.

Anyhow, my gf will fit the formula when I am 76 - and I don't see myself going on much longer than that.

Khwai

khwaimaisabai said:

Hi dog,

On the subject of "programmed" it depends what Topcatta means. If she means that it is the social norm in the west and that big age differences are frowned on, then I would agree with her. If she means programmed in the genes, then I don't.

Thanks Khwai for articulating my words. Yes I mean it is the social norm in the west and age differences are frowned upon. I certainly dont like this block on our culture.

I agree with the programmed thing:

it is the social norm. Let's say a 60 yo farang goes to a restaurant with a 20 yo farang girl, it was love on the first sight, they love each other to death, what the reaction of the crowd will be?

First they will suspect him to be her daddy, if they suddenly start making out then he will be labeled as a rich man. Nobody would honestly come to the conclusion that it is real love what they just whitness!

It is the same when a not so attractive man brings home his Thai girlfriend, everybody will whisper behind his back about the mail order bride!

This is what you get in north america or european countries like, Germany, France, England etc...

The basic judgement about everything will always be negative!

You can see it when you come back from Thailand and you look at the faces at the baggage claim. That's why I wanted to move in the first place. I was sick of the complainers!

Archived