IT Management Admin gigs in LOS? (UK guy)

Shibuya

What you actually need is an income, this is not necessarily the same as finding employment in Thailand. I know off several board members who have achieved a decent lifestyle in LOS by the use of their computer, the internet and a bit of initiative. You only need to generate a couple of hundred quid a week to have a decent lifestyle in LOS, to put this into perspective, it's less than the minimum wage in the UK. I would have thought a university graduate could do better than supermarket shelf fillers wages. try thinking along the lines of making money in the UK from Thailand, that's how many are doing it.

pe7e said:

What you actually need is an income, this is not necessarily the same as finding employment in Thailand. I know off several board members who have achieved a decent lifestyle in LOS by the use of their computer, the internet and a bit of initiative. You only need to generate a couple of hundred quid a week to have a decent lifestyle in LOS, to put this into perspective, it's less than the minimum wage in the UK. I would have thought a university graduate could do better than supermarket shelf fillers wages. try thinking along the lines of making money in the UK from Thailand, that's how many are doing it.

Cheers, ive considered this.

Do the Thai authorities turn a blind eye to farang operating small "busineses" on tourist Visa's?

I lived in japan for a year back in 2001 and the authorities were all over this kind of things (selling games/DVD's back to the uk etc)

Thnaks guys

<<Do the Thai authorities turn a blind eye to farang operating small "busineses" on tourist Visa's?>>

No! in fact Tahi authorities make life difficult for people who are doing everything above board and legal.

I know of two cases, one I witnessed, where Farangs where taken away for not having the right address on their work permit.

The wrong address, well the wrong floor of the BUILDING! THAT's IT! A tiny tiny detail, because the companies involved (different companies a few years apart) both had offices on multiple floors, and hence, the EXACT address was wrong.

DOG

Nervous_Dog said:

THink lateral, I wanted to come here, work, and eventually I did.

First I tok a job in Taiwan, the cinvinvced them to open office here, hey presto, I was here, TOOK 4 YEARS!!!!

But I did it!

DOG

Class! You twisted your employer's business strategy to your shagging needs! :):up:

Shibuya said:

And all power to you!

Thats what what i want to do, Phillipines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thai, HK anything will do!

Its just that 1st step in finding employment outsise UK!

HELP!!!!

hi, i spent 2 years in Malaysia and basically forget working there in IT as well. Too many locals with IT skills

Basically you are local hire if actually in the country and why they hire you when need work permit??? and locals dead cheap

I have been in asset management and consultancy but to stay in Asia I have had to lecture/teach. Basically unless you have very strong connections and dont mind the bribe game forget top positions. Expats are normally posted NOT apply to go!

Self employment is hard also - so only way I see is to work in an expat friendly field (eg teaching English/at college) and then try something on the side. In Malaysia its the same although it seems friendlier in some ways especially to those married to locals than Thailand.

Unless anyone can tell me where I can get a good job locally for 300,000 THB a month....... (still nowhere the salary I gave up - but I cant go back and face the cold old UK and cold people :) ) And my ex Malaysian whore of a wife stole all my money, house and business so Thailand isnt the only place that happens

Archived