Spassos

port

bibblies said:

As it stands, I think LiveStockLover's query simply indicates nothing more than a dislike of meaningless "filler" words or phrases that add nothing to the meaning of what is being said.

Basically, your English was fine. In fact, I would go as far to venture that it's perfectly good.

Oh, I can't keep this up! But he's fuming now!:: This kind of thing

For what it's worth I would venture to suggest that you may well have put your finger on the crux of the matter. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon reflecting, indeed, the diagnosis would appear to be correct. ::

Hopefully, having put that part of the thread to rest, I am still wrestling with the nick "LiveStockBroker". Is he a "live" stock broker, as opposed to a dead one? Or, is he a broker of livestock?

HH

Hi drogon (not to be confused with his cousin dragon) :D :D

Would love to share a fine, expensive beverage with you at that most appropriately named venue, during your upcoming visit in May.

Don't let the School Teachers get under your skin. Who gives a flyin' fark if it was not technically perfect ?

As one of the Joe average "dumb mongers" I could comprehend your post and by the way your Anglit is much better than my "croaking ribbit"!!!!!

Having said that, let me say this.....this is a thread about nightlife in Thailand, so, what's say we forget about the P.C. sentence construction......forget about "English that sucks" 555 and concentrate on Thai's that......???

Cheers Dumsoda :D :D :D

This post is not meant to be snide or critical. Instead, it is meant to be informative:

For Suadum and others interested in the proper use of ellipsis (periods used to indicate a trailing thought, either in the middle of a sentence or at the end of a sentence):

The MLA Style Manual states:

"When the ellipsis coincides with the end of your sentence, use three

spaced periods following a sentence period--that is, four periods,

with no space before the first." (p. 76)

Example: Ah, those were the good old days. . . .

When the ellipsis at the end of your sentence is followed by a parenthetical reference, remember that a period must follow the parenthetical reference.

Example: Early in Robertson Davies' novel The Rebel Angels,

the narrator describes her reaction to her lover's absence:

"All through the summer vacation I had fretted and fussed and

hoped for a postcard from wherever he might be. . . " (1).

Archived