Spassos

port

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

friday and saturdays see the most action.

as far as it being worth it only you can make that decision.

for someone like me with a gf in tow it is worth it we always have a great time.

if your looking to do some whoring expect to pay a lot for the gals there.

IMHO....NO

Typical of 5 Star Hotel venues. Over priced and the women are the same!!

Still at 650 it's a damn side less expensive than Club 87 at the Conrad. That cost me (I think) 1300 (male - with 2 drinks) and 700 each female - with 1 drink) I hdumsodaad 2 GTG's with me and it was 2700 to get in the door....and a lot more to get out...LOL

Cheers

So for a table of 4 you fork out 2600 just to get in. That's far more than a huge feast and drinks all night long elsewhere. I like drinking in quantity so I would rack up probably 10 or 20K baht for the table. Surely bottles are marked up insanely. I am glad cover charges are by and large limited to places I don't like. ONLY if there is very top grade band peforming a Thai venue, there may be a fully reasonable 100 baht cover. Give me the Thai places anyday; I find them more fun and would rather be immersed around Thai people. Obviously, some people do prefer the ambience and exclusivity of Spasso/CM2 type places and more power to 'em.

Spassos - Rivas - club 87

Are bars located in hotels of high standing.

They are sometimes mini-discos and places where you can do 3 things.

- Sip a glass of wine etc.... (if you are on budget I recommend to check the prices of the drinks before you order)

- Take your GF there to have a drink

- Pick a freelancer.

About the "atmosphere".

Many freelancers (with sometimes real GTG pretending or being hi-so among the crowd) usually nicely dressed and with equally nice prices.........(sometimes 5-8k bahts)

These places are usually a pick up joint for the hotel residents who do not pay attention to the girls fees.

That being said, I sometimes go there with a friend and our TG in tow just for 1-2 hours of social studies, read watching the people's interaction there can be fun.

Now, when alone or in hunting mode, you can sometimes find a little gem.

In my case, a young lady with a not so bad education

(Thammasat University, Chulalongkorn University) who wants to make some extra bucks but does not want to be seen in a

"low class" pick up joint (beergarden soi7 for examp).

IMHO, I like to go there from times to times just for people watching and have a nice drink.

>>These places are usually a pick up joint for the hotel residents who do not pay attention to the girls fees.

That being said, I sometimes go there with a friend and our TG in tow just for 1-2 hours of social studies, read watching the people's interaction there can be fun.<<

Please explain the function of the 3 word phrase "that being said", compared with just starting your sentence with "I sometimes...." or maybe "but i sometimes"."

Archived