The Soprano House (Soi 26), Gentleman's Club?

BrownFox77

It really is a matter of taste, and although these places are fun to visit for a change of pace, I could never really get into it. Many of these places push very serious 'membership fees'. Once paying that sort of fee (I think Exotica was asking for 30,000 Baht), you'd want to go there or feel rather silly if you didn't.

But you if you do go regularly, you'll end up seeing the same girls all of the time. Even in a place like Pegasus where you can sleep with the girls, I'd see the same girls everytime when I went with a friend who did have a membership. And I hate Karoke. I'd ended up trying to avoid this friend because I found Pegasus so tiring.

That is the beauty, for at least this Farang, of the bars and clubs that Farangs tend to frequent. If I don't see anything I like or just want a change of scenery, I can just pay my bill and move on. I am not wedded to the place. And I don't have to sing Karoke. If I want to hang out and have real drinks in a bar like Q Bar, I can just bring a BG friend along with me to Q Bar. I cannot imagine doing that in any of these Coyote bars.

You seem to be confusing two different types of bars.

Pegasus, Exotica, etc are member clubs with a hostess format like a soi 33 bar. Useful for business meetings, etc.

The "coyote" bars are more a cross between that and a Thai-style disco. No member fees that I am aware of, unless you get one to get a discount on booze or something. Way too loud to do any business in LOL!

Very different experiences anyway.

Cheers,

SD

As previous member pointed out. Soprano used to be the infamous Orbit on Soi 26. Soprano was renovated and reopen last year.

The layout have a large bar and stage in the center and surrounded by KTV room. The upstair is also renovated into KTV rooms. Each KTV rooms have wall to wall window and curtain leading into the bar area, so one can open the curtain and enough the show if one wishes.

Almost all of the G club in bkk have membership, including Soprano. Membership start at 30K. You can either opt for booze account (30K will buy u 12 bottle of JWB) or credit account. Lady drink is 400Baht. and Barfine as drogon pointed out is 10-15 LD.

Soprano is a nice venue, There are hundred if not thousands of G club in bkk. but if u have the time, i will also try Caribbean, barong, resort, forte, Pent, exotica etc...

I guess there are differences, but I tend to lump them into the same category. On the other hand, some have karoke and some do not, and for me (since I loathe karoke), that does make a difference.

But a "business meeting" in Pegasus - exactly what sort of business are we talking about? ::

"The Soprano House" - interesting choice for a name. Who are they trying to attract? New Jersey mobster wannabes? Chalerm's kids?

Archived