The Soprano House (Soi 26), Gentleman's Club?

BrownFox77

Just received the latest issue of Thai Penthouse in the mail and on the back cover there's an advert for the Soprano House

Appears to be some sort of Gentleman's Club but unfortunately their website is mostly all in Thai Script. The pics on their (very slow) site include what looks like a bunch of scantily clad girls dancing on the bar tops of a large bar, Karaoke rooms, fancy dining (e.g. Lobster dinners), live music, and a gallery of girls referred to as "coyotes".

In the pics of the bar scene there appears to be Falang besides Thais as customers.

Always on the lookout for new venues, wonder if any members know the story on this place (could it be a Thai version of a fancy Bada Bing, or perhaps a Thai version of Coyote Ugly's) ? :dunno::chili::grinyes:

P.S. Will have to drink a toast to Hugh Hefner who turned 80 yrs old today - and currently has 3 live in girl friends.... :o

It's the former orbit, redesigned/renovated. Gentlemen's club. Nice looking girls. Dancers and girls at the bar will join you for a drink at your table. In addition to the lady drink, you pay for the girls time for the period she sits with you, and it ain't cheap! They didn't explain this part when we asked how it worked/how much it cost, but was included in our bill. Perhaps we were scammed, don't know. But beware they won't stop asking you which girl(s) you wanna invite over. They got private karioke rooms, which are reasonably priced. You can bar fine the girl for the equivalent of X drinks (if i recall translated into over 3000!!) and this is only to get her out, with absolutely no play assured! Most of the customers are asian, with few foreigners. A friend sometimes hooked up with some of the dancers on their days off and got freebies this way.

Although the girls are ok, the place is just not my thing (music/price/atmosphere). If you like gentlemens clubs, and like it discreet, with more "reasonable" overall prices, pegasus would be the better option - but there again, it's got a totally different feel to it; and didn't like the selection of girls the nite i was there.

Ya, we call those places Coyote Bars. Soprano, Forte, Claudia, "what's that place's name on Rachada Soi 4?", etc. There are about a dozen of them scattered around the city. If you like the Thai style of beauty (taller, light skin, better educated, mostly Bangkokian), then you'll like it. If you are exclusively into the Issan brownies, then you'll hate it cuz you will not find any there.

The program is pretty much as Zion described, but I find no pressure. They just want to be sure you are happy and ask if there are any gals who tickle your fancy. Just say no.

At Claudia, where I go on occasion, there are two types of girls. The other bars are similar enough for this post. The bartop dancers, who usually wear something like "Daisy Duke" shorts and a ripped up T-shirt and the hostess gals who are in cocktail dresses. Both are available to sit with you. There are no lady drinks, you pay for their time. They drink what ever you are drinking (if you have a bottle -- I think a bottle of Black is B1600) or you can order a drink at regular prices for them. The cost is B750 for the first 45 minutes and B250 every 45 min after that. There is a BF, but I am not sure what it is and you probably will not get sex for it anyway, at least not the first time. Unlike farang bars, most of these girls are not hookers per se, but looking for a rich boyfriend. I use the "swap numbers" strategy and have had a few dates and a few shags from these gals, but it is more like dating than P4P. Indeed, the same thing can be had (without the "sit-down fees") at RCA or Thonglor if you have game.

There is food there and usually a live band too, so you can make an evening of it.

Be sure to dress business casual. Shorts, a wife-beater and flip-flops will not do. Same as soi 33 in that aspect.

Oh, and speaking Thai is a must. I have went with non-Thai speaking friends, and no problems, they were welcomed, but their fun was severely limited and their choices of gals were too. I pretty much had to run the show for everyone, translating (limited my fun too :banghead: but I am a good host and said nothing).

Good fun for a once- or twice-a-month kinda thing and with 3-4 guys, not alone. And not a "regular hangout" type place to me. But worth a go for the more experienced Thai hand.

Cheers,

SD

I personnaly did not go to the "new orbit".

But I will probably pay a visit in May so a field report will be written.

About G clubs.

I like them but it is a different feel from my favorite hang out

(soi 33).

Pegasus is not a real G club (though maybe they changed their policy recently?) but it could be better to quality it as a high end bordello.

(at the exception of a few girls labelled as such, the ladies are available for play at your hotel etc....)

I second suadum about the:

" non immediate availability of the ladies to play under the sheets immediately".

Though keep in mind that most of the PR (public relations) girls can accept to P4P depending on you and your wallet.

Most of the dancers are available for ladydrinks but are very hard to get.

(read to get out and P4P)

As most of customers of G clubs are asian customers (or Thaïs) they are looking for "sugar daddies" aka, sponsors.

I remember seeing last year in one of these G clubs a group of japanese men spending aroung 300k bahts just to keep a dancer sitting with them all night long.

(and they were not able to even take her out)

Remember that the barfine is only for going out and any additional service is not included.

(the barfine is sometimes a fixed price sometimes you have to buy 10-15 LD (ladydrinks).

Also note that most of the G clubs have members prices and non members prices. (you can buy a membership which entitels you to have x bottles of whisky etc... and sometimes x ladydrinks + discounts on barfines etc...)

And in most of the g clubs speaking thaï is a plus or a must.

There are many G clubs in the city of angels but most of them unknown to non locals and dedicated to rich Thaïs.

Hope it helps.

PS: Suadum, could you tell me where claudia is situated please?

drogon said:

PS: Suadum, could you tell me where claudia is situated please?

On Ratchadapisek at Hway Kwang. West side, south of the intersection.

EDIT: And yes, Pegasus is NOT a Coyote Bar. It is a member club with a format like a soi 33 bar. Others in that genre include Exotica, Piano, Violin, etc.

Cheers,

SD

SD,

Excellent write-up and assessment on those "Coyote" bars! Quite a bit different than the Coyote Ugly bars in Ameriga (but those are a different kind of fun).

Sometimes its nice to step away from the wife beater and flip-flop crowd on occasion and sneak into one of the more refined venues.

If you like the Thai style of beauty (taller, light skin, better educated, mostly Bangkokian), then you'll like it.

Must admit those types of girls can be addictive. Once in awhile I'll come across one with such beauty that just talking to them gets my heart beat going into aerobics. :hubba:

Wouldn't mind testing out my heart beat talking to your Avatar girl however I suspect that crafty Batty may beat me to it! ::

Thanks again for your Coyotes write-up, after a quick business trip to one of your old stomping grounds (Florida), I should be heading back to LOS in mid May to begin research for another GoGo Round Up. :beer::devil::chili:

drogon said:

I remember seeing last year in one of these G clubs a group of japanese men spending aroung 300k bahts just to keep a dancer sitting with them all night long.

(and they were not able to even take her out)

Truly incredible drogon. One of my regulars used to be a 'plain old' Patpong GoGo dancer (she has very fair skin and grew up poor in Bangkok). Within a couple years she actually blossomed into a girl with that classic Thai beauty and now only works in expensive Asian only places as a hostess. She's told me similar stories of the incredible amounts of baht these guys spend and get nothing but talk.

I can't go to the places where she works now and just call her, she takes a night off and comes to my hotel. Took her to Sharks one night and all the girls thought she was some "Hi-So" girl and were afraid to even say Hi. :: One of my regulars there finally came and said Hi to her and broke the ice, learning she was just the same as all of them (only her take home pay is a bit more...). :o

Yes I m still amazed by the amounts some guys are ready to spend on a lady in this places and they get...........Nothing except company.

(and some board members still call me a big spender......)

During my trip in May I am sure I will pay a few visits to some of these G clubs or coyote ugly clubs.

Will try to write some field reports.

The problem for me in these places (and everywhere in LOS) is that, being born in Asia but adopted and grown in Europe, I am always mistaken for an.......asian.

Sometimes it is fun but sometimes the ladies have high (money) expectations that I can/does not want to fulfill.

I still like these clubs where it is a hit or miss.

Sometimes lucky, sometimes not.

::

Archived