Are Thai women jealous?

Just to bring up this topic. Once I met my wife, she was very jealous type, thinking that any other women is after her man.

The simplest thing (e.g. watching an beautiful sales women in a shopping plaza or going to a barber shop with female barbers) could even spark a heated argument. (No I did not screw the barber)

As years are passing by, this is actually not that big issue anymore, but she still does say that the danger (read other women) is not over yet and she has to wait for this 30 years (I’m 35 now).

Any on the board who has different views on this

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

know what you mean. got the same problem right now and i have no idea if this is a norm, instability or a good control act. maybe all three. underlying message is 'you are a totally untrustworthy flake'. then again, maybe they're all thinking exactly what you're thinking and want to beat you to the punch by terrorizing you into submission. loyalty isn't exactly their top priority. they've got a job to do and you're their customer. that's it. they're sexual terrorists. then again, maybe they're just bluffing. the current g'f often calls to say she's stuck in traffic miles away and two minutes later she's knocking on the door. hate to think what might happen if she caught me out. of course if she actually does the deed it's just business. double-standards are a Thai norm too (and British and French etc....)....weird form of abuse.

Are Thai women jealous? That could become one of those retorts to obvious questions, along the lines of Does a bear shit in the woods, Does a duck with one leg swim in a circle or Are the Kennedys gun shy.

This one definately falls into the "do bears shit in the woods" category LOL

I was in the dog house for half a day the other week, just because I looked at a cute looking sales girl :-) But having studied on this board for some time under the guiding words of the 'old hands', I knew what it was all about.

A pal of mine had an interesting take on it.

1. Marriage with a Thai girl is more about financial security than it is in the West. eg the true love aspect is less important.

2. The number of potential husbands in the market is probably not that great. Once you take out the piss heads, the two timers, the whore mongers. Shit.....not many left.

3. For a Thai girl to hook a good husband is not exactly easy, when you see the competition she has to face LOL

So maybe when they do get one........it is a case of hang on to him at all/any cost :-)

Can you blame them. Personally I find it quite flattering and cute.

Sid

quote:

Originally posted by coquetislander:

I love her but she is a strange one. (not a working girl, well educated etc) Must be a result of all the cheating the Thai guys get up to.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: coquetislander ]

no, thats not the cause. my ex(filipina)went into a rage when my 78 year old female friend gave us both a set of sheets.

br69

Dear Dundee,

I don't mean to flame at all here, but that question is almost silly. OF COURSE THAI WOMEN ARE JEALOUS. All women are jealous to some degree.

The worst thing that can happen to a woman is to have her male support figure taken from her or, almost as bad, having him be seen as having a wandering eye or heart. The girls who are a occassionally jealous are just being normal. The ones who are extremely jealous are usually coming from a basic insecurity and/or lack of self confidence. This is extremely common in societies where the woman is sometimes seen as a commodity to use (or trade in for a bigger better deal). Sound familiar? The more you make her feel like the one-and only-can't-live-without-her person in your life, the less jealous she'll become. But it takes a long damn time! Good luck. Chicago Dave

quote:

Originally posted by farangbaa:

know what you mean. got the same problem right now and i have no idea if this is a norm, instability or a good control act. maybe all three. underlying message is 'you are a totally untrustworthy flake'. then again, maybe they're all thinking exactly what you're thinking and want to beat you to the punch by terrorizing you into submission. loyalty isn't exactly their top priority. they've got a job to do and you're their customer. that's it. they're sexual terrorists. then again, maybe they're just bluffing. the current g'f often calls to say she's stuck in traffic miles away and two minutes later she's knocking on the door. hate to think what might happen if she caught me out. of course if she actually does the deed it's just business. double-standards are a Thai norm too (and British and French etc....)....weird form of abuse.

dundee talks about wife, not paid consort. there is a difference...

Are Thai women jealous?! Is the Pope catholic?!! They take the typical overly jealous girlfriend stereotype and crank it up to 11 on a 1-10 scale. Whenever my main girl in Pattaya leaves my room she takes my condoms. As if this will stop me.

They can display far more jealousy than the average western woman, that's for sure. I've even heard that Thai men see it as a sign that their woman loves them so its a culturally reinforced behavior.

I've dated latin women that have displayed a serious jealousy problem also. More than a typical western woman if I can use them as a standard.

Not sure what to do get around it. If someone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear one. It seems like a cultural trait you just have to deal with.

chocolate steve - I agree about the "reinforced" behavior comment. It is how they are expected to act and how they show love - a little annoying, but what the heck.

Had to laugh about your honey taking your condoms with her when she leaves. Have you ever asked her, "honey, you want me boom-boom other lady no use condom same same?"

Later... Chicago Dave

Archived