Survey: BG g/f or non BG g/f?

quote:

Roger:

Did yours go down on one knee??? Sounds oh so romantic.

No, she didn't go down (anywhere). She told me "honey, if you take me to Sweden I promise to cook and clean for you everyday." It worked, I was already crazy about her cooking. Not very romantic, but we both knew that we were talking about a business transaction, sex for money long-term. I am not a romantic and neither is she, but we still like each other (most of the time).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Roger:

Good luck to the both of you.

Thanks. If you're at RockHard on Saturday I'll buy you a beer (and tell you my favorite cologne).

quote:

Originally posted by dan:

A BG (as we refer to them) is not the same as a 'whore' back home. Here many are just normal girls from a poor and uneducated background with no means to find the funds to support them and their family

dan

Well that description is not a million miles away from the description of any prostitute anywhere from a poor background. Not all of them start out as crack hos.

I accept that in LOS the "experience" is, what I would imagine to be, different. However, without having visited prostitutes in my home country I don't really know. Without the UK having a similar bar scene there is simply no comparison. Maybe some parts of Australia have legalised prostitution as do the States but, again without having done it there, I believe that their scene revolves around brothels. No doubt somebody will correct me.

My region receives European Objective One funding. That means that the European community accepts that it is an area of significant social deprivation, (yeah, I know it doesn't even come close to the life or death poverty of SEA). I work in a white trash ghetto. Most people on benefit or if not on benefit wanting to be on benefit. Drugs. Violence. Crime. You name it. Lots of people live there through no choice of their own as it's where the local council built all the housing estates. Lots of decent, normal people. Some of them are prostitutes. Most aren't. Why? Choice. Simple. We've all got needs but it takes a certain mindset to take that step over the threshold into prostitution. Just as it takes a certain mindset to actually take that first walk of shame.

So, go with a prostitute or meet a non b/g. The choice is up to you. You get what you pays for. Personally, I think that they (bgs) provide an excellent service to saddoes like me who can't get laid 55555.

(By the way Dan the above wasn't directed at you although I quoted one of your comments. It's supposed to be a generic post.)

Anyway, looks like it's all happy days as Kurt and Roger are gonna meet up for beers and tomfoolery. tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Sukhumvit:

I accept that in LOS the "experience" is, what I would imagine to be, different. However, without having visited prostitutes in my home country I don't really know. Without the UK having a similar bar scene there is simply no comparison. Maybe some parts of Australia have legalised prostitution as do the States but, again without having done it there, I believe that their scene revolves around brothels. No doubt somebody will correct me.
tongue.gif" border="0

I guess that's going to be me...

I've done the hooker thing in both the States and in Autralia. While prostitution in Australia is primarily a brothel thing it is completely different in the States. Hookers in the States (primarily in Las Vegas) pretty much work as freelancers or call girls. The girls in Australia seem to make an effort to make the experience plesant and have even agreed to meet later outside the brothel for a "date". The prices in Australia, while not nearly as cheap as in the LOS, are relatively reasonable. The girls in America are far more business-like and and don't seem to make any effort to pretend that they are enjoying the experience. They also tend to charge highly inflated prices. Every little thing you request will cost you a little bit more. This, for me, is the biggest difference between a TBG and a Western hooker. I have never had a TBG ask me what I wanted and then tell me how much each service is going to cost me. For the price of one night of unlimited sex with one of these girls, you could fly to the LOS and have all the women you could want. My point? There is no equivilant to the TBG in the U.S.

Save your money.

- FB

[ June 20, 2001: Message edited by: FlyBoy ]

I THINK THEY ARE GOOD AND BAD BG OR NON BG

ALL DEPEND ON YOUR LUCK. ALTHOUGH I PERSONALLY WONT GET INVOLVED IN RELATIONSHIP WITH EITHER BUT WHOEVER IS I WISH THEM GOOD LUCK. ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE AND OPINION AND

EVERYONE IS RIGHT AT THEIR PLACE.

BUT I WONT MIND HAVING SANUK WITH BG OR NONBG

WHILE I AM THERE AND I DO

CHEERS

One thing that I think everyone has forgotten is that in some way all women, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, BG or NonBG are in some way a whore.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a women hater, just being a realist. I was married to a nice girl(read NonBG falang) and am getting rid of a Thai BG now.

It's just that all women want something for their time. The key I think is to be honest with yourself. A NonBG wants the same thing that a BG wants only she is not as honest about it. A BG is at least being honest in the fact that your gonna pay for it up front instead of in the end.

And we are not honest with the women either. Those of us living in Thailand have come to live a fantasy and those who come here for the holiday are here for a fantasy as well. What does a BG want???? She wants that fantasy also.

For my money I would take another BG anytime for a long term or short term relationship. You just have to keep it all in perspective.

I've had relationships with both good girls and BG's (the all-female and ladyboy variety.) Never before in my life have I encountered a people for whom lying was endemic. Nor a people whom had mastered the art of mind games to the extent that they can reverse guilt: to have done something wrong and then have us ask for forgiveness.

Off all the girls I have met in Bangkok I would not marry any of them. All are jealous and insecure. To them, class (whether real or perceived) and face are more important than love or commitment. For them, saying, "I love you", is no more emotional than, "Burger and fries." Most of what they do and say is a means to an end. The end, whatever it may be, is always something beneficial to them.

Yes, I'm cynical, but to me the cynic is the realist.

When I first came here I read all the books and went out of my way to experience everything here in Thailand, in the aim to understand this place... two years later the answers still elude me.

You don't have to be a cynic to be a realist. And I agree Iwouldn't marry any women in Bangkok either or any part of the world for that matter. Face and class status are high on the list of priorities of any Asian women.

I just saying that you can have as good a relationship with a BG as with a NonBG. You just have to keep all the BS in perspective and understand that it is there.

Maybe, just maybe somebody somewhere will luck out and get a good one.

quote:

Originally posted by Mikey:

When I first came here I read all the books and went out of my way to experience everything here in Thailand, in the aim to understand this place... two years later the answers still elude me.

Mikey -- You're not alone!

Disclaimer: This is not directed at anyone in this discussion. Just an observation on viewpoint and perspective.

Discribing TBG's, freelancers, gogo dancers, etc. as "whores" reminded me of a friend of mine who occasionally travels through SE Asia. We work together in the States so whenever we are both here we do spend time together. This guy's attitude is that all of these working girls (NEP, etc.) are nothing more than interchangable recepticles and he always refers to them as "whores", even when they are standing right next to him.

Needless to say, his superior attitude is picked up by many of the girls. He's a reasonably presentable guy with a quick wit but he doesn't usually have much fun with them and they are usually not very responsive to him.

For what ever it's worth -- you'll get out of a relationship whatever it is that you're willing to put into it. Even if it only lasts the sum total of an hour and a half. Just my two cents, Guido.

smile.gif" border="0

Archived