Survey: BG g/f or non BG g/f?

quote:

Originally posted by josh_ingu:

Bit late onto the thread, however, as most regulars know I am in a long term (year and a half so far) relationship with an ex-bg. Currently non-drinking non-smoking non gambling (well, OK one lottery ticket per month).

Lot of rough patches, pretty much due to *my* insensitivity/ignorance etc, rather than anything in *her* behaviour, but we are working on making it smoother over time. We both invest time in the relationship to try to make it work....

To Roger, well, I think you are trolling pure and simple. No, it is not a sore point for me. If it really is your attitude, well, I feel sorry for you. Your inability to look beyond the "whore" says way more about you than it does about them....

-josh-

You got it all wrong , what I have been saying all along is that I have started looking beyond the "whores" or "bar girls" or whatever you want to call them. Apart from the Sanuking side of course. When you start to meet "real", sorry, I will rephrase that, "girls who don't work in the sex-for -sale business" then , for me anyway, you would not consider a long term relationship with a "Bar-Whore" (that should keep everyone happy) smile.gif" border="0

As I have said before, I wouldn't consider it it any other country , so why should I here? The majority of Thai "Bar-Whores" are the same as ones in other countries apart from their great skills at acting . I am not saying that "normal" girls don't act. But I would rather have a "normal girl/actress" combo than a "Bar-whore/actress" combo.

I tried not to make any personal comments ( apart from those made in Jest) against any board members, I have only done this when I have been accused of "trolling". Perhaps you are right that I shouldn't air my point of view, and maybe i should be looking for a long term relationship with a "Bar-Whore".

But to be honest with you, I prefer not too.

Maybe I should be feeling sorry for those of you who cannot separate a whoring relationship from a "normal relationship".

And i would think that the majority of people on this board would think the same.

Sorry for upsetting anyone again. Just my point of view.

Someone back me up on this...or I will be out looking for a wife down Nana at this rate.... laugh.gif" border="0

Cheers

Roger

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jumping in late to the thread:

Roger, what is your definition of a whore? Is it anyone who has ever been paid for sex? Would you consider the stone age cave woman who accepts meat from a hunter in exchange for sexual favors to be a whore?

And if so, when exactly does a woman become a whore? Is it when she considers selling herself to support her family? Is it when she first walks through the doors of the bar? Is it when she first gets up on stage and dances? Is it when she lays down and spreads her legs? Is it when she accepts payment? Is it after working one day? One month?

Do you know what these girls call themselves/each other? SAO HAA NGERN means a girl looking for money. It's that simple. What if you were given the choice of working a factory job standing on your feet for 12 hours or more a day, seven days a week for 3000 to 6000B, or working a bar for two or three days to make that amount?

A lot would say you were stupid to choose the first option. This is LOS, not your home country.

quote:

Originally posted by luckyfarang:
Jumping in late to the thread: . This is LOS, not your home country.

Better late than never..... I guess we are talking about the sort of girls who sell theirselves for sex, the type who work in Nana, Cowboy, Thermae etc. Very surprised that a few of you are not sure about the type of "whores" that are mentioned on this board. Thailand does after all, have rather alot of them. Regarding the girls working in factories, I guess if you were to tell these girls they should sell their bodies instead, most of them, rightly, would tell you to "F#$K OFF". I could make more money dealing in cocaine than I can in my present job, doesn,t mean that its the right thing to do though. As far as this being LOS, thanks for pointing that out to me.....does this mean because I live here I should consider a long term relationship with a whore???? Anyway, must dash...got to get down Clinton Plaza... laugh.gif" border="0 Cheers Roger

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

What is a whore? It is a women who sells sex for money..right.

Don't all women to some extent do just that? Be it a "good girl" or a BG. I'm quite surprised at the tone of some of these replys regarding the girls working in the bars.

Thailand is just one of many countries in which a women has little opportuninty to take care of herself and a relationship based on a mutal need is a common and time honored tradition.

It is the western influence that has created the "bar girl" in Thailand. And it is the BS that the farang has brought with him to Thailand over the years that has made so many BG's the way they are.

Travel around Asia and look back at the way things have been in the past, I mean for hundreds of years, and you will see the concept of security for some form of remuneration is a common practice.

So lets go easy on the "whore" bashing. Us farangs are the major reason they do what they do.

Roger-

You missed the whole point of my post. I guess my attempt to be subtle failed.

Your attitude is that all BG's are whores and you would never consider having a relationship with one. What I'm saying is that how does a girl on her first day of work in the bar differ from a non BG? And when does she become a whore in your opinion? Does she become a whore just by making the decision to sell her body? And does the reason she makes that decision (abject poverty, her family needs food, her brother needs money for education, etc) enter into your classifying her as a whore?

You have oversimplified the situation by labelling all TG's as either BG whores or non BG's. This kind of "binary thinking" to quote Scuba is a lot closer to the mark in western culture than Thai. Right now a low level factory job for 5000B a month is difficult to come by and from what I've been told requires completion of Maw 3 to get. Even if a girl is able to get such a job, how much money do you think she would have left over to send her family after her monthly living expenses in Bangkok?

The result is that many girls enter the scene out of sheer desperation that would never even consider selling their bodies if given the opportunity to work in their home village for 2000 to 4000B per month, or the opportunity to work a straight job in Bangkok allowing them to send that much home to their families. And these are the types of girl that I usually look for.

I met a lovely 27 year old girl who formerly worked in an advertising office and now worked agogo. Her boyfriend had lost his messenger job and after about a year of him not working and her three children were going hungry, she entered the scene, though it was obviously distasteful to her. Would you classify her as a whore? I would not, but if your view is that all BG's are whores and not worthy of having a relationship with, then you have judged her without knowing all the facts.

Yes, there are many girls already hardened by working the scene, and I wouldn't want a relationship with them either. But there are a wide variety of girls working the scene, and to say all BG's are whores not worthy of a relationship is naive and innaccurate.

You posted:

"I guess we are talking about the sort of girls who sell theirselves for sex, the type who work in Nana, Cowboy, Thermae etc.

Very surprised that a few of you are not sure about the type of "whores" that are mentioned on this board. Thailand does after all, have rather alot of them."

I hope you're not referring to ME as one who is "not sure about the type of "whores" that are mentioned on this board." I am familiar with all the different sanuk venues, thank you. We now know that you consider all freelancers and gogo girls to be whores.

But you still have not answered the key question in my previous post:

When, at exactly what moment in time, in your mind, does a working girl become a whore?

Have fun in Rock Hard tonite you lucky f....., I wish I was there with you.

I'll back you up, Roger. Or at least hold your coat.

I think you're being unfairly singled out for criticism on this thread. Just because a Thai bar girl is looking for a farang to marry doesn't take away from the fact that she is hiring out her body for sexual favours. That's the definition of a whore.

My message is directed to Roger.

This thread was going along great guns until you popped up. Many of the posters on this board are interested in long-term relationships with Thai girls (both bgs and non-bgs) and would be interested to hear the points of view which were being stated at the start of this thread.

I think you're insistance on using the word whore and your continual hammering of the point has probably scared a number of posters away.

Those who are married to bar-girls are probably less likely to post due to your judgemental attitude. Your posts seem intent on humiliating the guys concerned and tainting their relationships. That's a pity as it would be intersting to hear what they have to say.

You sound like the type of person who catergorizes and boxes people - she goes in the "whore" box, he goes in the "sad git who marries a whore" box. That's unfortunate because all people are different and unique but it's hard to see the uniqueness once you placed them in your box.

And before you predictably do the same to me, no I'm not involved with a bar girl.

voodoo31

quote:

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

All that's accomplished by shrill, ugly and repetitive posting is to lower the poster's credibility. Such people damage their own case far more than any rebuttal ever could.

But thanks for the good thoughts.

db

Well said from someone whose own controversial posts were criticized on the

"Bangkok Hilton........Prison!" thread.

We all have different opinions, I guess if you think that makes me lose credibility then so be it. I would prefer that than to toe the line.

Sincerely

Roger

DB's posts are some of the best on this board and he helps to make this board interesting.

There are a lot of people who just read posts and never write as they do not have it as writers.

I would consider myself in this category so I appreciate guys like DB and other posters like Bangkok Phil etc who have write nearly everyday something interesting to read, they are the guys that keep this board ticking.

''Quote''

All that's accomplished by shrill, ugly and repetitive posting is to lower the poster's credibility. Such people damage their own case far more than any rebuttal ever could.

This is a brilliant answer to you Rodger as you actually have no credibility with me, and many other posters that i have seen write answers to you think the same way. I don't say you should not be able to state your opinion or even not be able to argue constructively but you are constantly arguing in most of your posts. It is a shame as you could offer much more to this board if you did toe the line and listened to constructive criticism about yourself ,instead of going on the back foot and attacking at every opportunity. I hope that you will take a good look at all of your old posts and see what I mean and start to write some decent and interesting posts in the future. It is possible if you write some decent stuff in the future people on this board will look at you in another light, that is my wish but i fully expect you to get pissed off with me, go down the same road as you normally do and attack me after this post. That is your right of course but will it not do anything for your credibility on this board im sure.

Cheers,

Boner

Archived