Firefox won't allow copy paste??

Palatkik

BB,

that's not the case after all.

When I configured my brothers DSL-router I tried to use IE to access the web-interface. No luck. Web-interface openes a popup window, but IE didn't do that. I checked the security settings, made sure popups are enabled. Still no luck.

Opera and Firefox had no problems.

All software with actual versions.

Palatkik,

then I am out of ideas.

haha, did this problem occur right after 'windows update'? Ok, just a joke.

Re: Firefox won't allow copy paste?? new [Re: carlton68]

#489077 - 20/04/2006 12:41

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply: Quick Reply

Extensions were removed and same problem. I unistallled Firefox deleted every reference I could find to it on my hard disc, cleaned the registry of it, reinstalled it and still cannot copy to clipboard. It's days are numbered for me sadly, the problem is listed on several Mozilla forums without fix to date...:-(

Seems to work for me.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2

Khun_Kong said:

Seems to work for me.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2

Yes, it's strange, I have same version as this. Maybe a Windows update or some other spyware doing it? Using latest McAfee, Sygate, Ad-aware and Spybot to stay clean with current Windows updates set to auto.

Will try FF on a new hard disc today and probably will work:-(

Well I never got to do any reinstalls as too busy, but I notice on another Mozilla forum that simply renaming the firefox.exe file to something else works! I tried it and the two bugs I had (unable to copy to clipboard and unable to customize toolbar) were cured.

This is just a workaround, now I want to know wtf is going on?:-)

Palatkik said:

now I want to know wtf is going on?:-)

Well I figured it out:-) There was a file pushow3.dll in my Windows/System32 folder that was attaching to Firefox.exe when I started it. I might have picked it up from a file sharing site I expect.

Renaming Firefox.exe to something else doesn't load the pushow3.dll file - I used SystemInternals software to check. I believe this pushow3.dll file is a new virus(?) but unsure. My latest McAfee (4747 24Apr06) doesn't trap it. Deleting this dll file solves all the Firefox problems. Thanks to a Mozilla forum poster for picking this one up.

Phew!

When I use google to search for 'pushow3.dll' there comes only one hit - a french site. When I go there I can't find 'pushow3.dll' on that site. Ok, my french sucks so that might be the problem finding it there.

Real strange that such a file isn't known on the web.

You just deleted the file or did you put it somwhere in a vault?

I deleted it.

There is a link today on Mozilla forum mentioning it (PUSHOW2.DLL) being found - mine was called PUSHOW3.DLL so deleting that solved my Firefox problem. I may have picked up this DLL file from a file sharing site.

I can only find a Russian site Googling pushow*.dll

Mozilla link http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2226784#2226784

Archived