Firefox won't allow copy paste??

Palatkik

Using Firefox 1.5.0.2 with WinXP Pro SP2 I cannot get it to copy paste anymore? Any clues? I have re-isntalled latest Firefox and still same problem.

The Mozilla online forums mention this bug but I cannot see a solution.

Internet Explorer still works but I much prefer Firefox ... when it works.

Cheers

Extensions were removed and same problem. I unistallled Firefox deleted every reference I could find to it on my hard disc, cleaned the registry of it, reinstalled it and still cannot copy to clipboard. It's days are numbered for me sadly, the problem is listed on several Mozilla forums without fix to date...:-(

Yes, all the obvious cut paste methods no longer work, neither does customise toolbar.

Ah well, will use the downloadable Mozilla extension to open pages into IE for any cut and paste work for time being.

The bug is mentioned recently on Mozilla forums but not a big issue so far it seems and no solutions posted.

Hi Palatkik,

I guess you did uninstall Firefox, but it left data on the harddrive that caused the new installation to reproduce the problem.

As I don't have the problem I can only suggest to do the following:

save bookmarks

deinstall firefox

delete the folder 'mozilla firefox' in c:\program files\

delete the folder 'firefox' in c:\docu+settings\ username \application data\mozilla\

delete the folder 'firefox' in c:\docu+settings\ username \local settings\application data\mozilla\

reboot

install firefox. newest version preferred.

check if the problem is gone.

I think the profile is fucked up and my hope is that by deleting the folders the wrong settings are gone. No guarantees, sorry.

Yep, did all that as I thought likewise, even cleared every reference I could find in the registry to Firefox, and still the same copy paste problem after a new install! Starting Firefox in its safe mode didn't help either.

I can only imagine its Windows or some other malware related but I haven't got time to start a new operating system yet. Will check it out as time goes on and report back. For sure there are a few others with same problem now if one veiws the Mozilla forums.

Archived