Yet another one

Flashermac

BB,

It's done on other boards and I could imagine that there would be such a rule, wether it is, is a different thing.

Personally I don't have a problem writing s*ck, sh1t, fcuk etc.

Creativity is called for. Than again, maybe not necessary at all.

Just to get this straight BB, this has never been discussed with KS and is just a thought that occurred to me.

If you want to attract a broader audience with this board and you go to all the trouble of name change and the possible consequences that this may have, a style change etc, IMO it makes sense than to forbid the use of cursing words, like dickhead, sucker, asshole, fuck this, shit that etc.

Wonder what other guys' thoughts are on this?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Sorry, but I disagree. While it is possible to use such a filter (also on this board), I see no point in switching it on.

If people are so easily offended that they cannot handle words like those you mentioned above then they probably shouldn't be reading any message boards.

Besides, it is not the word, but the intent that offends. And in the case of the latter, I can still ban people on the new board as well :)

Sanuk!

Limbo,

We do have our standards on this board, one being self-regulatory about language.

It is after all, a board about nightlife :p, no ?

That being said, what other boards are doing, is their problem.

I'm with KS on this one, because using sh1t or fcuk just means shit and fuck anyway and more hypocrite in circumventing the filter.

BB

Archived