Fully booked,fully booked?

Lusty

thaihotels said:
jai-dee said:

Try asiatravel.com . They have instant confirmation as well as availability display so you don't have to wait 24 hours for replies. I spent 3 days last week trying to book and being turned away, until I found this site and a surprisingly cheap hotel - Watana Mansion, next to subway.

Sites with Instant Confirmation! Hmm!

What happens is most sites book with one or two large wholesalers. One of these wholesalers have allocation at certain hotels around BKK and Thailand. With a cut off date of 3,5 or 7 days before check in.

Which means websites will book and give instant confirmation on a hotel. Some of the time the hotels will oversell at peak times and thus you turn up at the hotel to check in. They say sorry we are full, but will transfer u to another hotel, usually nothing like the one u paid for. I vowed never do do this. Having heard numerous customers complain. When we confirm, you have the booking confirmed.

I book since years with asia travel, never had a problem, always good service.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thaihotels said:

....websites will book and give instant confirmation on a hotel...

Hi th,

Twice, over the years, I have had instant confirmation only to be told within another day or two that in fact the hotel is fully booked. This happened once with a hotel in Hong Kong and once in ........Peterborough :o.

I have used your service and found it exceptionally good. Recommended.

Khwai

<<

EDIT -- More upmarket is Reflections, a boutique hotel with each room designed by a different local artist. Very cool. B2500/night. At the Aree BTS station. Neat neighborhood too.

>>

It's great! Designed by a german chap who lived in my old building, each room is created by a different Thai and some international artists,

The "Beach" room is hysterical, complete with a pile of sand and a hammock!

The "erotica" room is pretty wild with 2 showers!

Great place, groovy little restaurant and in my fav neghbourhood too!

Even better they have at last opened the swimming pool which is very pretty

DOG

I stay frequently with my falang wife (who is equally sensitive about p4p since my leaked affair with Nok about 3 years ago) in Soi 16 Somerset Lakepoint, starting at about 2100 bt, very comfortable, certainly not a stereotype whoring hotel.

(well, apart from my very first stay there, with a yummy woman from SC, since married to a Swiss and decamped to Sissland.

Archived