Fully booked,fully booked?

Lusty

I can't believe every bloody hotel around Soi Asoke, Pryathai Rd and Victory Monument are all fully booked?Well this is what Asiarooms.com are telling me.

Is there some major draw to Bkk next week?

Have some irons in various fires with Sawadee and bangkok.com to see if anything comes up.

Can't stay in any of the prostitute hotels down the Soi 4 end of Suk Rd as she won't be seen dead around here.

Any other reasonably priced hotels(1000-1500bht per night) with phone numbers very near BTS stops anyone can give me?Thanx in advance

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lusty said:

I can't believe every bloody hotel around Soi Asoke, Pryathai Rd and Victory Monument are all fully booked?Well this is what Asiarooms.com are telling me.

Have some irons in various fires with Sawadee and bangkok.com to see if anything comes up.

Can't stay in any of the prostitute hotels down the Soi 4 end of Suk Rd as she won't be seen dead around here.

Any other reasonably priced hotels(1000-1500bht per night) with phone numbers very near BTS stops anyone can give me?Thanx in advance

Lusty,

What are your dates and hotels. I will check it out for you?

30th until the 8th may(8 nights).

Hotels that have come back as full are the Asia,Regency Park,Windsor.

Ones with enquiries pending are the Somerset,the Ariston,the Europa and the Siam Ibis.

Not to concerned which area we stay as long as its near a BTS station and not along hooker strip(Suk 3 to about 13)I havn't a problem with this but she will definetly have. ::

Thanx

jai-dee said:

Try asiatravel.com . They have instant confirmation as well as availability display so you don't have to wait 24 hours for replies. I spent 3 days last week trying to book and being turned away, until I found this site and a surprisingly cheap hotel - Watana Mansion, next to subway.

Sites with Instant Confirmation! Hmm!

What happens is most sites book with one or two large wholesalers. One of these wholesalers have allocation at certain hotels around BKK and Thailand. With a cut off date of 3,5 or 7 days before check in.

Which means websites will book and give instant confirmation on a hotel. Some of the time the hotels will oversell at peak times and thus you turn up at the hotel to check in. They say sorry we are full, but will transfer u to another hotel, usually nothing like the one u paid for. I vowed never do do this. Having heard numerous customers complain. When we confirm, you have the booking confirmed.

Lusty said:

Lusty,

Just checked and

Windsor Suites have Counsellor Suite Twin rooms available. 2290 Baht/night.

Twin Towers hotel near MBK, have Deluxe rooms available. 2375 Baht/night.

Bangkok Boutique near Petchburi MRT. Have Superior rooms at 1864 Baht.

Let me know if its a go or not.

Archived