Basel

BelgianBoy

i was in Basel 3 Years ago and a Friend introduced me to the scene.

if you go to the Town Centre (the other side of the Rhine to the Castle) you will find many Bars and they are frequented by many Ladies wanting to take your Money.

mainly Africans and they will expect quite a few drinks even after agreeing to go with you.

i had a L/T with a Gal from Eithiopia and was drinking Wine at around 10 Euros a glass and she wanted quite a few.

but around 100 Yards from the River is an area which is full of Brothels which are filled with Thai Girls.

the buildings are around 4 stories high and the Girls will sit in the windows calling out.

the Brothels are very security minded and have CCTV outside the doors to vet you.

they are open 24 Hours and sex is only on the premises,the Girls don't seem to be allowed to leave with a Man.

but they are also a social place where Men go to have a Beer and chat and watch TV with no obligation to take a Girl.

my friend paid for me to have a S/T 3some on my Birthday........ :applause::yay:

i may be wrong but i 'think' i paid around 150-200 Euros for the Girls from the Bars and the Brothels were not that much cheaper.

but i apologise if i'm wrong about the pricing,but the Girls are very good at negotiating and it's very hard to get their price down.

hope this helps and let us know how you get on........ :beer:

Basel is one of my favourite Swiss / German towns. It is situated on the Rhine exactly where Switzerland, Germany and France touch noses, and so you might expect it to be the focal point of the continent, humming with pan-European energy. It?s true that Basel?s voters are the most fervently pro-European of all Switzerland?s German speakers but, somehow, the close proximity of foreign languages and cultures has introverted the city rather than energized it. Basel?s a curiously measured place, where equilibrium is everything. You won?t find anyone shouting about the new Europe here, in fact, you?re unlikely to find anyone shouting about anything at all. Even the city?s massive carnival is a rigorously organized set piece.

With both a gigantic river port ? Switzerland?s only outlet to the sea ? and the research headquarters of several pharmaceutical multinationals (including Novartis, one of the principal players in global development of GM crops and foods), Basel nurtures its reputation as Switzerland?s wealthiest and most discreet city. Its historic centre ? dominated by the awe-inspiring Münster ? is definitely worth seeing, and the city?s long-standing patronage of the arts has resulted in a panoply of first-rate museums and galleries ? 35 in all, including the stunning Beyeler collection, Basel?s sole unmissable attraction. And yet, bequeathed a glittering medieval past endowed with some of the greatest minds of European history (Erasmus, Holbein and Nietzsche, to name just three) and centuries-long access to the best of three neighbouring worlds, it?s almost as if Baslers lost the plot when it came to defining their city for today. Most people seem to back the standard Swiss default option of gathering wealth in a discreet and orderly fashion, saving money shopping in France and having a better time partying in Germany. Which is all very well, but it tends to leave their own city rather bereft in the process.

Another fly in the ointment has been the recent Nazi gold controversy, in which it was indicated that venerable Basel ? and, more specifically, the little-known but extremely powerful Bank for International Settlements headquartered in the city ? spent the 1930s and ?40s quietly laundering the Nazis? ill-gotten gains under a cloak of neutrality. Evidence of such murky banking practice was received with shock, anger and disbelief in Basel and around the country, and has yet to be fully accepted. Unaccustomed to being faced with pointing fingers, Baslers may take some decades to assess and absorb the accusations.

As for the sanuk - fuck knows.

BB. If you travel south east of Basel you'll come to the town of Zug, which is situated almost equidistant between it's more illustrious neighbours, Zurich and Lucerne.

Zug is the capital of the Swiss canton of that name and is a picturesque little town at the northeastern corner of the lake of Zug, and at the foot of the Zugerberg (3255 ft.), which rises gradually, its lower slopes thickly covered with fruit trees. The population of 23,000 (2004) are mainly German-speaking and Romanists. The lake shore has been embanked and forms a promenade, whence glorious views of the snowy peaks of the Bernese Oberland, as well as of the Rigi and Pilatus, are gained. Towards its northerly end a monument marks the spot where a part of the shore slipped into the lake in 1887. The older part of the town is rather crowded together, though only four of the wall towers and a small part of the town walls still survive. The most striking old building in the town is the parish church of St Oswald (late 15th century), dedicated to St Oswald, king of Northumbria, one of whose arms was brought to Zug in 1485. The town hall, also a 15th century building, now houses the Historical and Antiquarian Museum. There are some quaint old painted houses close by. A little way higher up the hill-side is a Capuchin convent in a striking position, close to the town wall and leaning against it. Still higher, and outside the old town, is the fine new parish church of St Michael, consecrated in 1902. The business quarter is on the rising ground north of the old town, near the railway station. Several fine modern buildings rise on or close to the shore in the town and to its south, whilst to the southwest is a convent of Capuchin nuns, who manage a large girls' school, and several other educational establishments.

However, apart from perhaps the convent and the girls school, I doubt there's much sanuk to be had.

Archived