BIG EXPLOSION / FIRE in Pattaya--7 DEAD 79 injured

gene1944

"but in Sweden they are nearly always locked"

In America they are usually never locked, only open from the inside, and are emblazoned with an 'emergency exit - alarm will sound' sign. Rarely is the alarm hooked up...I always check.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gadfly1 said:

Unfortunately, according to the logic of some members here, they all "had it coming" and we shouldn't even bother discussing what happened or why.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of assholes around who cannot fathom the concept of personal responsibility versus criminal neglect or they would not even consider this statement. Nor can they figure that this subject is in no way related to some idiot who gets his ass beat in bar or loses money to a BG.

Gadfly1 said:

What happened was tragic. And the practice of locking fire exits is absolutely criminal.

At least you have a bit of a clue. Yes, tragic and criminal. Let's hope that those reponsible will be prosecuted ala the Jomtien hotel fire (as I recall they did lock up a couple of people for that).

SD

The Lucifer Disco in Walking Street seems ublievably dangerous to me if ever there is a bomb or fire there. It is huge inside, with probably over 1000 punters at peak times, is shaped like a big grotto inside, with a TINY exit that is like a small tunnel, that only accommodates two people abreast. Madness!

Archived