BIG EXPLOSION / FIRE in Pattaya--7 DEAD 79 injured

gene1944

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Once again people died because the EFFING FIRE EXITS ARE KEPT LOCKED!!! "

I hope that, if this is true, somebody does prison time.

Thais seem to be so causaul about personal and public safety, it really has me concerned. Consider the kids who were electrocuted while swimming in a canal near a welding shop last week. When will people wake up????

whosyourdaddy - Concerning fire alarms. Do you mean smoke alarms? There were smoke alarms in my last apartment in Bangkok. I would consider putting one in my house, but there is precious little that could smoke or smoulder.

As I posted on the other thread on this topic, 999 was where they found a live grenade in the bathroom a few months back, the fire occurred before the club opened, and rumour is the fire doors were locked from the outside.

I believe this happened before opening. So that's all staff (they have a couple of hundred staff I understand).

Can you imagine what would have happened if this place was full? With people who weren't familiar with the building?!!!!

There have been three fires in my neighborhood over the past 18 months (neighborhood of houses/townhouses). Landlord is nice enough to provide a fire extinguisher. Might just go out and buy a smoke alarm!

<<burp>>

Unfortunately, according to the logic of some members here, they all "had it coming" and we shouldn't even bother discussing what happened or why. What happened was tragic. And the practice of locking fire exits is absolutely criminal.

And these are high class, well educated families.

same people driving around in their benz and bemers with little kids and no seat belts used ( and no child seats in them)

Hi!

I was in Pattaya when it happened. The reason given in local media for the locked fire escapes was not to stop thievs from entering but to stop guests from skipping the bill. I have never looked carefully at an emergancy exit in Thaland but in Sweden they are nearly always locked and can be opened from the inside only.

I forget the name of the hotel but it was one of the high rise hotels just after the road (Thapaya ?) turns left onto Jomtien beach. I heard afterwards that many of the guests were Russians and they did sometimes skip the bill.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived