AMERICA TO INVADE AUSTRALIA NEXT

bust

<< Hitler did have some basic military experience and that didn't help much. Mind you Hitler was a hell of lot more intelligent than GWB. >>

Hitler never got above lance corporal, and his WWI captain allegedly wrote "I will NEVER promote that man."

Amongst Hitler's brilliant decisions:

1. Insisting that the old bolt action Model 1898 Mauser he had carried in WWI was good enough for the Wehrmacht and Schutzstaffel in the 1940s. The Schmeisser machine pistol would have done wonders in balancing out the huge Soviet advantage in numbers.

2. Deciding that twin engine bombers were all the Luftwaffe needed. Thus there were no long range bombers to attack the Soviet arms and munitions factories Stalin set up in the Urals.

3. Deciding that he could attack Poland and no one would care. (The Anglo-French declarations of war shocked him!)

4. Deciding that he would attack Stalin because the USSR "was like a rotten egg and would collapse in just two weeks".

Hmmm ... he does sound a lot like GWB and/or Rumsfeld. Ignore the generals and do whatever you feel like doing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi sayjaan.........When I say the west I refer to "Western Countries" who have in common a materialistic standard of living for most, compared to the rest of the world. They may also have democratic, secular governments, rule of law and developed bodies of laws that have some expression of rights for citizens in law. Also, moderate levels of education, and a similar, "modern" popular culture may reflect the Western or Westernized society. Militarily and diplomatically, these Western societies have generally been allied with each other to one degree or another since World War II. In fact, some would argue that this is the definition of the West and explains why Japan is usually considered Western while Colombia is not.

I rest my case. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Archived