recommendation for tourist friendly dental clinic?

texascity

Texascity,

I have just finished having veneers fitted on my teeth at the All Seasons Place branch of Thantakit Dental Centre. I asked about what to avoid and the advice from the Prosthsodontist was as follows -

. for the first week avoid liquids and foodstuffs which could cause staining. This includes red wine (an essential part of my diet), coffee, tomato sauces, dishes made with Thai curry paste, Indian food, etc.

. don't bite your nails. Ever!

. give up eating nuts

. do not bite apples, carrots and other hard fruit and vegetables using the front teeth. Cut them up beforehand and use the side and rear teeth

. don't open beer bottles using your teeth

. don't chew pens or hold hard objects between your teeth

She also advised that you should really avoid biting crispy apples with normal front teeth too as these are the thinnest teeth and can fracture easily.

Regards,

KF

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

> . do not bite apples, carrots and other hard fruit and vegetables using the front teeth. Cut them up beforehand and use the side and rear teeth<

I was afraid of that ..

to never crunch on a crisp apple again ..

I now feel sad, I really wanted to upgrade my chipped, stained & worn choppers.

In that case you probably need to get full crowns. Problem with veneers is they are only a single surface application whereas a crown covers the entire tooth. I had mine done and never had a problem can bite apples no worries.

crowns?

someone posted last week about why ask tech questions on a sanuk forum

& here I am seeking medical advice ..

IMHO, docs are no better than a used car salesman when 'selling' the procedures that pay fopr their trophy wife's trinkets.

is a root canal needed for a 'crowning' healthy, but well used, tooth?

crowns require the tooth be 'seriously ground down', right?

I have appointments with 3 Bkk dental clinics for evaluations.

I won't wear my glasses so as to avoid making my dental decision based on the receptionist.

Don't worry about not being able to eat apples if you have veneers, I had 6 veneers done at the Thanktakit clinic about 2 years ago and and have no problems whatsoever, I eat apples daily as well as other crisp vegetables, nuts and ocassionally hard sweets, I treat my teeth exactly the same as before I had the veneers fitted, I wouldn't try to open bottles with them though, you have to draw the line somewhere. As for staining with curry, coffee or similar foodstuffs, assuming you have porcelain veneers they just don't stain at all, unfortunatly your real teeth do, and you could find after time they don't colour match as well as you would like them to.

very encouraging.

thanks.

I have appointments a 3 clinics ..

VERY IMPORTANT DECISION ..could f' up my teeth or diet or both .. for a 110% elective cosmetic procedure.

BUT:

first impression smile is so important & my teeth are now near the color of a latte w/ double milk.

I had them 'whitened' 5 years ago & soon experienced chipping. ??

• 3 months later...

I've been going to Silom Dental (www.silomdental.com) and cannot say enough about the quality of the work, the dentists, and their professionalism. I am in the middle of having full upper dental implants. I hade the necessary bone grafts in May and will be having the implant bases put in in two weeks.

A nice touch is they have two internet computers for your use in their lobby.

• 1 month later...

Dr Ladda at the Landmark is a excellent Dentist and a very nice lady.Her prices are much cheaper then the Dental Hospital are Bumrungrad.I had a porcelin crown done by her 3 years ago for 4000 baht.She has done extensive work for me root canals crowns fillings for about a fraction of what I would pay in the states.Actually I saved money by flying to Thailand and having her do all my dental work,price for Dental work Hotel food and girls was still cheaper then having my Dental done in San Francisco!

Archived