The voice of doom

Flashermac

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.

May 18, 2006

AP

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said.

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that U.S. agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.

Hmmm, sounds like almost every preacher, they like to think that they have super powers with the ability to communicate with a higher "power".

I think Robertson probably took a huge shit, and as it rumbled out of his ass, it shook his "shit for brains". :grinyes:

Hi,

Don't the coasts of the US get "lashed by storms" every year?

And if it was God who told him, why is there a 'maybe' with regards to the tsunami? Oh, hang on, I bet it depends on how much money is raised in collections for the church.

Sanuk!

I'm surprised Mr. Robertson didn't predict this one...

REUTERS 1:44 p.m. April 24, 2006

MEXICO CITY ? Five Mexican children were killed when a large metal cross they were praying at was struck by lightning in central Mexico, local media reported Monday.

Five children between 9 and 16 years old died and several others suffered burns when lightning struck a white-painted metal cross set on a hill in the town of Santa Maria del Rio early on Sunday, according to two newspaper reports.

?The lightning went straight into them and killed them instantly,? local Red Cross chief Eduardo Suarez told the daily El Norte.

Officials in the state of San Luis Potosi were not immediately available to confirm the report, also in El Universal.

A photo showed charring on the cross's turquoise-painted cement base, although the cross was still standing.

Several families had been participating in a midnight ceremony as part of a local religious festival that centers around the cross.

Santa Maria del Rio calls itself the ?cradle of the shawl? for the traditional silk shawls that artisans have woven there since pre-Hispanic times.

http://tinyurl.com/fywg6

Hi,

And I would say that this is almost irrefutable proof that there is no such thing as a good and loving god (or any god for that matter), as the god as portraited by Christian believe would not kill innocent children when they are paying their respects to him.

I wonder how this was explained to the fellow 'believers', mostly likely the kids were evil and deserved to die. Yeah, right.

Sanuk!

Archived