Islamabad

Fidel

Fidel said:

I'm leaving to take up a one year contract in Islamabad.

Anyone spent any time there?

Cheers!

You must be off your feckin rocker. Depending on what you want to do at nights, you could have a good time. As long as what you want to do doesn't involve drinking or shagging.

I worked out there in the British Embassy for a while and was able to drink at the bar at the Embassy and we were often invited to the Aussie, French Embassies etc. and also the United Nations bar, had a few laughs but most of the people there were total wankers.

On a plus point however, don't forget to try the Pakistani beer, I am pretty sure its called Murray Beer. Make sure you mix it with blackcurrant cordial about half and half as that is the only way you will disguise the taste of shit.

Good Luck ::

Yeah,

I kind of expected this response.

Shit, can you bring alcohol in?

Are all the expats really that bad?

At least it isn't too far from LOS.

Money is good, no tax....

After about 5 years in SEA I guess I need to live in the real world for a year, hope to land a cushy number when I come back.

teddy said: I worked out there in the British Embassy for a while and was able to drink at the bar at the Embassy and we were often invited to the Aussie, French Embassies etc. and also the United Nations bar, had a few laughs but most of the people there were total wankers.

So what made you decide on the change of career path from the diplomatic corp to construction accounting?

Archived