Life as an Illegal

bust

rickfarang said:

And no, SuaDum, its not just whining.

Uh, never said it was ::

Sorry if you do not get the concept of legitmate complaints versus a "professional victim" whinge (referring to guys who never get that it is partially their fault, AKA cause-effect realtionships, AKA shit you should have learned when you were four years old). I thought *you* would. Too bad.

Bust -- sorry your gal had that problem. I have no idea how to correct it outside of just have her do more of what you had her do before (you were aware of the dangers). It seems like that was on the right track, low profile and all that. There is no answer since she is "stateless" unless the UNHCR can help, but I believe we had that conversation already.

Regards,

SD

Yep SD we have........UNHCR isn't really an option for her unless she wants to spend the next few years being shuffled from camp to camp, catch malaria risk rape the list goes on. I've visited one of those camps so I know what they're like. I really don't think the two incidents are related as they happened in different areas and a couple of weeks apart. Spoke to her last night. She is still a bit shaken up but OK. I can't help but think she may have been subjected to some form of abuse but I don't think she will tell me. Now is not the time. Whatever happened to the days where you get anything in BKK if you knew the right people? PM's are an option here guys. ;)

PS Thanks for your kind words of support.....Bust

If you were her sponsor, it seems as though she would be better off home, in Burma. You could send her some money to help her, Burma is really really cheap to live. Esp. a native.

Even if the cops stole all that stuff, why didn't they deport her? If it was about immigration, they could put her thru the system and send her away so she could not be able to beef about the cops stealing from her.

If you want to hook up with her, send her to Burma. If you want to marry, etc, that'd be another long story,

OK....for starters I don't sponsor her. I'm not sure if you have ever been to Myanmar jessejames but by the sounds of it you know very little about the country. Burma's military junta is sometimes compared to the Nazi Party due to the brutality of it's dictatorship. Burma is placed 191 on the WHO list of health standards. The only country worse than Burma is Sierra Leone. She is not a native as you put it of Burma, as my OP said "stateless". I am not sure how you conclude Burma is cheap to live as you are looking at it from a tourist's perspective. As far as the cops go they are not interested in the slightest of her status as a resident of Thailand, they are simply thieves exploiting someones fear of being returned to a country they have escaped from. Ignorance can sometimes be bliss but also extremely irritating.

Not sure whether they no about the farang boyfriend. I figure because they picked her up around Suk they probably assumed she was on the game. Is not the first time this is happened. I remember last year she asked me to pick up a bottle of whisky for uncle on my way through.....no problem. Then while I was up on the border uncle decided to open it, got pissed and caused a scene so some of the Thais who in many case don't like the Burmese anyway called the cops. BG had her papers but no card (see OP) so they carted her off and fined her unofficially B7000, that was all she could borrow from her brother. So then she had to move......etc . Fortunately this time they do not know where she lives. Which explains too why the flower sellers who we all so passionately post about are tollerated by the cops. Although many are Burmese and illegal they are a way to supliment their income.

Shitty story about those in power here. Truly sorry to hear about your girl.

Don't quite know about the ATM thing though but I hope you can get back the rent and deposit you paid.

I hope too that you can find some solution, perhaps even if forged docs in the short term.

Archived