US Troops Deserting

candyfloss

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually one of Saddams supporters suggested that some months ago in a TV interview, he said that the only way to take home the troops was to put Saddam back as dictator.

But as long as that boy-scout is american president it will not happen IMO.

Remember that Saddam attacked Iran requested and financed by France and the US and that UBL was trained and financed by CIA to fight the russians in Afghanistan. Also that UBLs family was GWBs closest business friends and they were his guests on 9/11.

In the strictest of senses the American soldiers in Iraq are mecs as they they are paid to grab Iraqi natural resources.

And yes the Cubans were as well but they were acting for a government that wasn't democratic but was still a government while Jonas Sawimbi African as he was was leading a terrorist movemant that reagarded African people as animals (South Africa).

ALHOLK said:

In the strictest of senses the American soldiers in Iraq are ... mercenaries... as they they are paid to grab Iraqi natural resources.

And yes the Cubans were as well but they were acting for a government that wasn't democratic but was still a government while Jonas Sawimbi African as he was was leading a terrorist movemant that reagarded African people as animals (South Africa).

I give up Alholk. I find your views on geo-political issues (when they involve the country that keeps you alive) to be incoherent, dishonest, fanatical, ignorant and ultimately depressing.

Mai Lai was the rule not the exception? American servicemen in Iraq are mercenaries in the strictest of senses? 2 + 2 = 5? I can't argue about it anymore.

Maybe you feel the same about me and my views. No ploblum. Carry on and chok dee!

I'm sure that if we met we'd get along fine as long as we didn't discuss politics!

Bif the Surrender Monkey

Hi!

I fail to see how an opinion can be dishonest. As for ignorant I assume that you classify ignorance as views that don't conform to your's.

The claim that american soldiers were mercs was maybe slightly over the top. The claim was however in the response to an implication that the US was the only country that had a moral right to invade other countries.

(when they involve the country that keeps you alive)

I'm not sure what country you're refering to as I live in Sweden and this is the country that keeps me alive although I doubt that this was the country in your mind.

The facts remains that the US invaded Vietnam to hinder them from running their own country as they wanted to. The US invaded Iraq to secure a source of oil and they did it with lies as an exscuse just as Hitler did when he invaded Poland.

Refuting someones opinions by calling them incoherent and ignorant is of course the easy way out.

I get along with most people so I beleive that we might get along quite well. However I come from a country that was constituted slightly after Leif Eriksson found America whitch was about 400 years before Columbus made his little navigation mistake.

regards

ALHOLK

>Mai Lai was the rule not the exception?<

if one thinks the US "FIGHTING" grunts of the Vietnam era did not treat the Viet people as a sadist treats a cat .. you are wrong.

guys in supply have not a clue.

My best buddy in high school, Danny, was AmerCal Div. (as were Swartzcoft & Powell) ..

Danny's 100% PTS. 35 years later he wears camo daily, drives an incredablly loud '68 Chevy window van w/ a 4 barrel quadrajeted 327 & now associates exclusively with former Vietnam vets

Danny's Vet Organization friend in east Texas was Calli's (Mai Lai) radio operator

inorder to receive his 'PTS beni-es' Danny had to report atrocitiess & have 5 members of his unit confirm each.

> official VA PTS disabliity paper work requires these details.

I read the letters & reports.

I went to a unit reunion in Arkansas

story after story, with guys chiming in .. HORRIBLE .. drunk laughing .. stories of mutalation & murder .. for fun.

at the reunion, one frustrated drunk warrior heaved his below the knee wooden leg into the night air ..

the former CO medic who stabbbed an injured VC over & over & over to shut him up .. harder to kill a guy than is portrayed on TV . the guys death noises was giving away thier position

the medic could not quickly kill the VC with stabs to the gut & could not easily penetrate the VC's rib cage. the gurgling sounds of the stabbed Viet laughingly imitated by several former warriors ..

hilarious!

throw the robed monk in the village water supply well, followed by incendary gernades ..

playing hit the farmer by calling in Artie .." 2 clicks west ."

contest, who could hit a moving target with the fewest corrections .. just killing time ..

story after story after story ..

with the other participants present & providing addtional details ..

war is hell

& non of the neocons had that privilege.

nor did I.

I was a medic inducted in Sept. '68. I ate hospital chow & slept in a bed .. thank goodness I tested well.

As a medic, 90250, I have held the hand of young warriors dealing with their physical & mental scars.

War is hell & only those who have not experienced it advocate it.

>>The british peoples and their heirs have a lot of baggage in their closet <<

traditional Meso-Potamia was not maped as today. The 3 traditional states were combined by the pompus Brits into one nation.

the waring factions of today were separate states until .. umm, 1917. ?

& Kuwait is the southern state of Iraq. F' the Brits!

ALL global regions of 'terror' were colonies in the past 75 years.

Palestine, Iraq, Afg, Pakis, Kashmire, .. + Burma ..

are soccer hollogans really the direct decendants of Colonialists?

globalization is the 21st century progression of colonialism.

& Flash always brings up post WWII Europe, Stalin & his coal mining relatives in Eastern Europe when discussing current western impearlism.

Archived