The Offshore

candyfloss

I realise that this Bar on Soi 23 barely deserves to be included in the 'Nightlife' section, but I was wondering if anybody on this Board goes there ? I popped in a couple of times in my day, mostly before or after my fish and chips, but never really thought much of the Bar. Pretty nondescript, average atmosphere, ordinary girls, indifferent music etc.

Does anybody go there ?

pe7e said:

...don't rate the fish & chip shop either, I'm supprised it has kept open for so long.

Especially when Ship Inn is just 50 metres away and has excellent fish & chips! But no bar girls, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Cheers,

SD

I do spend some time in there since they have teams in the Dart leagues on those nights our bar plays there. Not a wild place and the girls are not the best but it a nice quite bar if all you want is to have a cold one and not get hassled. Most of the guys who drink there are sociable so striking up a conversation is not too hard.

I was in there one lunchtime last year to meet a friend I hadn't seen for a while. Unfortunately he spent almost all the time on the phone to either his travel agent or to Amex trying to get the purchase of 3 business class tickets to Moscow sorted out for a flight that night!

Anyway it gave me plenty of time to look around and observe the other customers, who comprised three old guys who were talking with the owner.

Well the owner was drinking large vodkas (no ice, no mixer), and remember this was lunchtime, and he must have had six or more in the short time I was there.

I listened in on the conversation which was all rather depressing and remember thinking to myself "I hope I'm never one of these old guys".

I haven't been back since and with all the other places to go to I can't remember anything about the Offshore that would attract me back, although the bar 'seats' were very comfy.

I do bump in when I am around.

I like the hazzlefree atmosphere, low noise etc. and a convenient location if you wanna sample the nightlife later.

Usually meet the same british crew in there, retirees and english teachers. Nice chaps.

Can`t recall I ever met a regular tourist in there, ehh, except from myself that is.

Never tried the fish and chips, the smell from the kitchen is quite enough.

So the owner is drinking large vodkas? Show me a bar in bkk where the owner isn`t drinking.

I am sure they are there, I just haven`t seen one as of yet.

cheers

hua nguu

Hua Nguu said: So the owner is drinking large vodkas? Show me a bar in bkk where the owner isn`t drinking. I am sure they are there, I just haven`t seen one as of yet.

No problem with him drinking the double vodies, just surprised as if I went back later that night he'd probably still be on them! However he was talking a lot of crap at lunchtime so God knows what he'd be talking about at 10 pm! Agree though that it would be a good place for a few quiet drinkies "far from the madding croud".

Archived