looks like the US grunts are losing it.

texascity

Don't know about the exit polls. But if you'll recall, the Florida Supreme Court threw out the election results of the entire state of Florida and ordered that ALL ballots through out the entire state be recounted. This put Bush's victory at serious risk.

The ruling was appealed to the US Supreme Court. The fact is that the state of Florida has the absolute right to control the method of counting the votes of its citizens and reporting the same to the electoral college. Nonetheless, the US Sup Ct (with members appointed by Bush senior a decade earlier) overruled the florida court and held that the recount is terminated and the state of florida goes to bush.

So we don't know who would have won the florida election because the ballots were never recounted. Those who say Gore won the election are guessing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<whom votes 100% on abortion>>

Funny how the liberals are for abortion but appose the death penalty ::

<<another jesus freek that advocates mass murder for his V-8 sport trax>>

Slightly more MPG than a BKK bound Boeing 747 ::

Up until the 24:th to 26:th week there is no unborn baby. There is a bunch of cells that are a part of the womans body.

Something that only exists in the mind of brainless bible thumpers has no rights as it doesn't exist as an an individual.

Guest lazyphil

with special care babys can survive prior to this, in cases of rape, incest, or the mother is at risk of death or injury then abortion is fair enough, but in this age of education of contrecption there is little excuse, its just become a demand, 'i want this, i have rights', selfish society....you really must stop accociating pro lifers with 'bible thumpers', other faiths are pro life too, muslims, buddhists i imagine, even atheiests......please dont get irrate alholk and take some deep breathes before replying as this is a passionate subject.

I think abortion should be a right, and in many cases paid for by the government. In welfare cases etc, I think a cash incentive (or other) should be given to loser couples to stop bringing kids into the world...pay for the abortion, or pay for the welfare...also, in some cases, contraception may fail, can/does happen...so a back up either surgical or a pill should be available...

Guest lazyphil

Fair enough, abortion is legal here but we have no death penalty for loser rapists, pedophiles and murderers etc....weird huh........no, we're told, these people have rights not to be hung, unlike unborn children......this arguement is doomed so i'm outa here on this!

I have never heard of a baby born before the 24:th week that has survived. I also know that babies born from week 24 to week 26 very rarely survive..

in cases of rape, incest, or the mother is at risk of death or injury then abortion is fair enough

How come that it is OK to kill what you call children in these cases but not when some girl/woman gets pregnant while having fun.

you really must stop accociating pro lifers with 'bible thumpers', other faiths are pro life too, muslims, buddhists i imagine, even atheiests.

When have you noticed that I support any other religion and just complain about biblee thumpers. As an atheist myself I can assure you that most of us are pro life, real life that is. I can however never grasp how someone who advocates the death penalty can call themselves pro life.

Guest lazyphil

<<I can however never grasp how someone who advocates the death penalty can call themselves pro life. >>

I can understand this POV, I am not totally pro life on this point, vermin who commit crimes such as rape, murder (of course crimes of passion are different, finding your wife in bed with another man etc) should be done away with just as long as 110% sure they're guilty. A couple were jailed for raping a 3 month old baby.....they got life but could be out after 8 years, they videod the rapes and put in neat folders stating dates of rapes, they should be executed no question, its a no brainer imo.

Archived