looks like the US grunts are losing it.

texascity

Guest lazyphil

<<Men should not debate womans right's at all. If it is an unwanted pregancy it is ultimately the woman's right to decide not the mans. The fact that you guys are discussing this proves how out of touch you are. >>

Well lets just let us keep reading/talking about how we can get away with freebies with 'Thai whores' and discuss their morality etc etc, do you know how out of touch most of these threads are to alot of people outside this inner circle of np.com?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaiLuk said:

So a woman has a right to abort at any time regardless of the age of fetus?

Absolutely. This does not mean I agree or disagree as I refuse to get dragged into a debate about morals. But at the end of the day..her body, her decision.

B1,

The most advanced civilization in the ancient world (Greece) would exercise birth control by taking the new born and leaving it on the side of a mountain. Should a woman have this right today or does it have to occur while inside her body?

MaiLuk said:

B1,

The most advanced civilization in the ancient world (Greece) would exercise birth control by taking the new born and leaving it on the side of a mountain. Should a woman have this right today or does it have to occur while inside her body?

Firstly I doubt very much that it was the womans decision......just a guess.....to leave the baby on the side of the mountain. Secondly why are you asking a mans opinion on something about a womans body???? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

What kind of question is that LOL! When a woman puts cocaine, excstacy, non-prescription drugs in her body, she is breaking the law. So it seems that a woman's body is well subject to the law. The laws are usually made by men. One of those laws says a woman cannot have an abortion after the fetus reaches a certain age (that is the law in the US anyway). Since we men make this determination, the fact that we are men talking about a woman's body is a non-sequiter.

OK. Putting the law aside, you are saying its her body so its her buisiness not anyone else's. Should the father of the baby (assuming they know) have any say before a 6 month old baby is aborted? BTW i'm not pro life so i'm not arguing with anyone. Just was never as certain about the absolute right to abort as others seem to be.

Hi MaiLuk,

IMO you have answered the question yourself - the laws are made by men to protect their interests.

If you apply logic and start with Cogito ergo sum, the next step must be that just you can decide what you're thinking and what you're doing with your body.

In Sweden an abortion in week 26 would require a special permission which normally would be given only if the woman's life is in danger.

So the question is: why is it OK to abort at week 26, but not week 27?

My answere to that is that abortion should be freely available up to the point where there is a reasonable chance that the fetus can survive outside the woman's body. The question is similar to asking why it's ok to screw a girl one day after she turns 18 but a crime to do it one day before.

Guest lazyphil

How about this scenario, a couple, stable, wealthy, she wants to abort, he doesn't want her to (he did play a part in the fetus oddly enough), his wage will be ample enough to provide, she wants to keep her career going hence wants abortion, her health not at risk, shes 7 months into pregnacy, her right to abort. I'm an atheiest (i.e. not a 'neocon bible thumper') pretty much by the way, but i do like christmas presents and mince pies.

Can a woman stab the baby with a kitchen knife on delivery?

OK, Phil, your exwife wants your sperm so she can have a new son instead of the one who died in a tragic accident. She's not interested in having a new relation with you - do you think the law should be changed so she has such a right?

Archived