BKK-Delhi?

PhilAnders

Geez man, just don't go there. I am in Delhi now, waiting for my flight to BKK to connect to SIN just to regain some since of civilization (and sanuk)!!

To any of those guys who bitch about Thailand and the Thais, I challange you to spend a week in India. You'll be singing the praises of the efficiency and cleanliness of the Thais and marvel at how nice & clean and good smelling even the grunginest part of BKK is! At least Indians are very nice & pleasant people, but getting anything done involves high levels of drama. I am almost insane and I have only been here a week!

Anyway, if you MUST go, tix to India are hard to come by. Most flights are full always because there are not enough flights. I (well, my customer) just paid B24K for my last minute tix last Saturday on TG. Try Chawla Travel on Patpong near Suriwongse. They are Indians, so expect that they have lines on tix or blocks of seats available to them.

Cheers,

SD

suadum said:

Geez man, just don't go there. I am in Delhi now, waiting for my flight to BKK to connect to SIN just to regain some since of civilization (and sanuk)!!

To any of those guys who bitch about Thailand and the Thais, I challange you to spend a week in India. You'll be singing the praises of the efficiency and cleanliness of the Thais and marvel at how nice & clean and good smelling even the grunginest part of BKK is! At least Indians are very nice & pleasant people, but getting anything done involves high levels of drama. I am almost insane and I have only been here a week!

Anyway, if you MUST go, tix to India are hard to come by. Most flights are full always because there are not enough flights. I (well, my customer) just paid B24K for my last minute tix last Saturday on TG. Try Chawla Travel on Patpong near Suriwongse. They are Indians, so expect that they have lines on tix or blocks of seats available to them.

Cheers,

SD

the choice is between Delhi or Chennai, but alas, I must go. might as well see the Taj Majal while in country. Thanks for the agency info. :beer:

Well I was about a month in India volentarily & didn't include the Taj Mahal or Agra for that matter in my itiniary,

I'd say choose Delhi any day if you really want to explore 'India' otherwise Chennai will be the 'lighter' alternative :cover:

SD, surely LOS are a more civilised place overall than most places in India, but places like Bangalore or Goa can be pretty cool for a while ;)

suadum is a whiner! :neener:

a little bit work outside Soi Cowboy and he already starts to complain!

enjoy india! :neener:

not so bad! i would recommend to stay in Delhi in a international Hotel like Interconti, Hyatt or whatever. if you stay in a 3 or 4 star hotel for less than 150 USD, bring something along against fleas and lices! :neener:

have been to the Taj Mahal! :neener:

in comparison to this tourist trap anything in thailand including a couple of jewelry stores and other rip offs are completely tame.

enjoy indian cuisine! :neener:

after 3 days you are out of ideas what to order as you have had everything that is on the menu already! :neener:

if you are asked: "are you veg or non veg?" have mercy with the poor vegs, who run out already after one day what else they could order that they did not have yet during one day! :neener:

and say: " bring me some beef and pork!" and one in a thousand they will follow your wish! :neener:

family and muslim restaurant are pretty interesting as they do not serve kingfisher! :neener:

any other warnings you would like to hear? :neener:

was in january for 2.5 weeks in 5 cities; guess i can't avoid the second trip during the second half of this year! :neener:

Ah my dear Samak. I wish I was truly in Delhi, but no. My customer is in Noida (Wiki has *everything*)!

All that is there are cows wandering aimlessly with associated crap everywhere, crap food (and I LIKE Indian food), bad congested roads, inability to keep the electricity on for 2 hours straight without a 15-30 min interuption, no/poor air con, only 3* hotels at best, one bar within any kind of travel distance and it was filled with men only (is this something the Brits left over, the dumb limey bastards?). Even the hotel was staffed by men only. In fact, the only females I saw are a few street urchins and old women who sleep on the sidewalk. Pathetic.

But the job paid well :up:...and there was English commentary World Cup coverage and the NBA finals on TV (when the power was on, that is LOL). And Kingfisher beer is drinkable.

See you on the Square. Keep my fav gals filled with drinks while I am gone, OK?

Cheers,

SD, recovering nicely in Sillypore, thank you very much!

Archived