Wristwatch

unit731

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a list of designers, some are expensive and some affordable..... most of these can be foound as fakes in Thailand.

Alain Silberstein

A.Lange & Sohne

Baume & Mercier

Breitling

Breguet

Bvlgari

Cartier

Chopard

Corum

ChronoSwiss

Eberhard & Co

Ferrari

Franck Muller

Glashutte

Graham

Girard-Perregaux

Hublot

Jacob&Co

Jaeger leCoultre

Ikepod

IWC

Locman

Montblanc

Omega

Oris

Panerai

Patek Philippe

Roger Dubuis

Porshe Design

Tag Heuer

Tiffany & Co

Ulysse Nardin

Vacheron Constantin

Xemex

Zenith

Only if you know its a copy.. Probably not a status piece to the person wearing it because they know its value, but to the impressed observer it holds the same status as the real thing. Which invariably is the person a status anything is trying to impress. So real or fake the watch serves the same purpose. This only holds true for looks, if you are into the precise craftmenship etc. for yourself then the fake holds no value whatsoever. Although the fakes of today are pretty decent inside and out....the "A" quality ones anyways

Status? Is that an inappropriate term?

My personal watches are Casio and QQ analog and digital (yes in one watch). Around 1200 baht years ago. Been ticking for decades.

I usually take/bring back one or two watches for friends. The truth of the watch origins is told up front.

Just curious as to what watches are in now for the in crowd. As a gift. And I am not trying to make social commentary here. Just what watches are "in" now.

I have yet to meet a Thai chick, bar girl or otherwise, who could not pick out a fake in an instant, and likewise recognized a genuine item immediately.

I myself...often cannot really tell. Unless I have both the fake and the authentic piece side by side. I am just a regular guy.

Yep Casio?s get copied, it's not just the high end brands that are faked. The top quality fakes are virtually impossible to identify as such without opening the watch to see the workings. If you spotted a well dressed guy getting out of a new SLK Mercedes you would assume the watch he was wearing was genuine (even if it wasn't) conversely the Rolex worn by the scruffy guy with holes in his shoes, would be judged to be a fake, even if it was real. My own personal choice for everyday wear is a RADO. Due to their unique use of high tech materials, it's almost impossible to produce a convincing fake. I think the best mechanical watch available for a sensible budget is OMEGA, they really are top notch watches, and IMO the most over hyped, over priced watches, are the Tag Heure range.

Archived