Falang Man....He Stink!

Ranger,

This is my last night to wrap up any impending questions before I leave here. And I do appreciate your response. Try to think back when you were a newbie to all of this. Pretty overwellming if you can remember. But since you're "retired" now, other new members will always look to you for advice. Have greatly enjoyed your tales, and will use your experiences greatly to my advantage. There are two classes..no three..classes of posters here.

1. The newbie, not been there yet, but who has heard the tales, and desires to come. Also in this class is the "one-time-newbie", who has been there, and is hooked.

2. The expat who lives there, and has seen, and done it all.

3. The permanate resident shaking his head at all.

4. And lastly, the rarified few that can claim, at one time or another, to have at some point, been all three.

I'll post of my experiences when I return.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Thaied,

Of course I remember the preparation and anticipation that went into my first Thailand trip. I was just teasing you a bit.

I probably spent hundreds of hours researching and planning my trip, but most of that planning went out the window when I arrived. I still made plenty of newbie mistakes, even though I knew better from reading the message boards. It was a trip that I'll never forget and one that changed my life forever. You'll see for yourself in a few days! Enjoy!

Ranger

guys:

a few things I do that seem to help:

I run my clothing ( cotton always for shirts, sox, and underware) throught a second wash cycle with no soap to remove any soap residue.

you'd be supprised to see how foamy/clowdy the water is on the first rinse from left over soap buildup.

also, fabric softener sheets in the dryer are

not a good idea.

seems to help a lot. ( used to get a rash the first few days in Bkk till I started doing this)

Never wear any fragrance, to me it is offensive on others ( especially being trapped in an elevator with some old lady doused in some sickening smell).

I agree, fragrances seem to just make things worse, and seems to violate my "space" if you know what I mean.

also, on food info, I also note if I eat bananas the mosquitos seem more "interested" in me than usual. anyone else notice this.

showering each time I get home from an outing is a good thing too. never can get enough showers.

works for me

Definately diet makes a big difference, I get the comment from family when I go home each year of "you smell like an asian!" all I eat is thai food, I dont have much in the way of red meat here period, and I am sure I loose any western red meat smell after a few months of being back.

quote:

Originally posted by HIGH THAIED:

So just what the fuck are they eating in Europe, anyway?.....

Europe is England and Spain and Germany and Greece and Holland and France .... Why don't you come over and figure out what "we" eat. "We" even serve better burgers but that might be lost on you too. Jezuzz wept. High class restaurant in Honolulu ... Is that a place where they actually use utensils to kill their steaks and shrimp coctails and Waldorff salads ? You're from Hunnelullo and you're gonna tell "US" about food and restaurants and behaviour ?????????? Probably you would end up avoiding every Paris restaurant 'coz people "smell" of garlic. Or Firence 'coz they smell of olive oil. Utter waste of taste buts. Stone age soaked in Kalvin Klein.

Aaaargh !!! blush.gif" border="0

quote:

[QB]Ranger,

This is my last night to wrap up any impending questions before I leave hereQB]

Mayby you would consider using the "Baeng Horm" which is used instead of deodorants by most thais. It is basically a kind of baby powder used by adults and it will keep your skin dry for quite some time. It is readily available anywhere.

I've been told by some B/Gs in Pattaya about Indians odor (no offense) and also in BKK about Indians and Africans body odor. Americans tend to take more showers than Europeans. Its cultural. I've heard French people say as a joke about the amount baths/showers Americans take 'Americans are either too clean or dirty'.

I'm very conscious about my body odor and take a couple showers a day in LOS. I use cologne but will probably use it a little more sparingly after reading these posts.

I've heard scentd soap is preferable but have not heard anything conclusive. Anyone have any ideas about that? Anything I can do to make me more acceptable to someone who's thinking of going short time or long time, with me, short of burning incense to buddha will be taken with much consideration by me.

My problem is I sweat profusely so I am always offered those wet napkins at bars. I'll try wearing a hat I suppose, but the girls seem to like my shaven head (maybe the rubbing of it is for good luck?--lol).

quote:

And we still haven't answered the question of just what in the hell these Euro.'s are eating for breakfast?
laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Guiness and curry. What else is their?

I'm a cab driver with an allergy to colognes.

I ocasionally have had to rechoose my BG when

they had too much perfumes on.

When working in the taxi it is far more common that my window flies open based on excessive perfumes than someone who is unclean. Believe

me 5 18-20 year old girls all stuffed in the same car can be a powerful odor.

When I have an individual in my car with excessive cologne I assume that they are too lazy to bathe or that the girl is bleeding.

Some people have a difficult time managing the amount of cologne they use, and afterall once your wearing it its hard to know how strong a the smell is when it's right under your nose. But I have been told that it is meant to be a personal scent for those you come in contact with 1-meter. And the

effect of the cologne should have your own personal character. Excessive amounts will mask that personal character and invade the personal space of other's leaving a huge trail down the street behind you. And that's like a loud individual shouting from a street corner.

Archived