CSI

BelgianBoy

Also in Fortune Town. Lular One is one place. On either the 3rd or 4th floors (forget which), west side, south of the far esclators. Have many sets, including at least seasons 1-4 of CSI...in proper presentation boxes too.

Have not bought any in 6+ months. Back then, the going price for DVD9s was B180ea (CSI = 6 DVDs/season). Sounds like they may be cheaper now.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget Fortune Town. There are fewer places there these days and they still charge 180 (a few 150). My favorite these days is Pratunam Center. Huge building right on the corner of Pethcburi and Ratchadamri. Many of the shops have TV so you can check before you leave. 100 and buy 10 get one free. My second choice is MBK as they sometimes have better stock but not always. For two years I enjoyed downlaoding TV shows from Torrents, but my current ISP does not play well with p2p and my download speeds are crawling at best grrr...

Now if I could just locate my favorite ex-Midnite girl again.....

Good tip Doc. And of course there is Jack who charges B90 and delivers to the soi 22 area (mumujack@hotmail.com). I too pretty much always have a torrent downloading, which has slowed my DVD buying.

BB -- Fortune Town easy to get to. Just get off the subway at the Praram 9 stop.

Cheers,

SD

PS -- Doc, *my* fav Midnite gal (Miss BP) has just returned from a few month "retirement" :up: , but I do not think you like her anymore.

BB,

Looked like originals, and they had tons of them available from all the different series over the years. I was actually amazed at the amount they had, and all in order. I didn't look at the prices, but will look next I am in there and let you know what I find. Usually between 400 and 700 baht for an original DVD, but lots of half off sales if they don't move well. Don't know how many discs in each one. I'll look. What I like is they have lots of the National Geographic series and stuff. Bought the new one on the Indonesian 'Hobbits' skeletons and artifacts which was very interesting. Couple hundred baht.

Cent

Klongtom (Spelling??) in Chinatown (area also known as Iron Bridge) sells DVD's for 70 Baht. If you buy more then 10 you might be able to get that down to 60 Baht. Good Quality, and they don't sell anything else then 100% Quality. Never had a problem with any of the stalls there.

Good thing is that you don't have to wait at most of the shops. They have them there hanging on the walls. You just take what you need. As there are almost no tourists they don't have to worry about cops, they are even good customers there. :-)

Have been there today, and bought 35 (mostly CSI) DVDS for 2000 Baht.

Archived