Nice room anywhere in Bangkok for 1000 baht?

trooper

Excellent question! I think what you should do is go out on a quest to find one. I've heard that the area of Saphan Kwai might be a good place to start. I hear that is is possibel to get really decent hotels in that area for no more than 6-700 baht a night. I don't know any of them but would certainly be interested if anyone knows hotels in that area.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have stayed in Watana Mansion in Ratchada behind Poseidon massage parlour some years ago. That place was 500 baht/night with swimming pool and ok room and found it to be value for money. I think same kind of place would be around 1000 baht in Sukhumvit. At that time I was dating a normal thai girl and didn't have the need to go to Sukhumvit every evening.

But that's a bit too far away altough underground can now take you from there to Sukhumvit in 15 minutes. When I stayed there it sometimes took almost one hour in a taxi.

Trooper >Fortuna on Suk soi 5 at 1200 baht and Ruamchitt at 900-1000 baht have been the best value for money in the recent trips but there must be something better? <

Ruamchitt? Stayed there once with a SC girl, when the ST hotels on SC were full. The room stank! Maybe they give the better rooms to permanent guests, and the worse ones to ST guests.

I have stayed there many times and everytime I have had a different kind of room. They tend to give the better rooms for repeat customers. And the swimming pool on the rooftop is very nice for the hotel in this price category. Definitely not a good hotel but I don't think it gets any better in Sukhumvit at 900 baht/night. But don't expect to get that rate if you stay there first time, they will try to get 1200 baht or so, that's too much for that place.

When I visited Bangkok for the first time in 2001 I stayed in Grand Inn. I paid 600 baht for the room then and I would say it was ok value although the room was dark, no balcony and ofcourse no swimming pool. But last time asked their price it was 1000 baht for the same room so no thanks anymore.

trooper said:

I'm so sick of crappy Sukhumvit hotels I can afford :(. Everywhere else in Thailand 1000 baht a night will get you a very nice place to stay by my standards. But in Sukhumvit one has to pay at least 2000 baht to get the same level of comfort. What I'm asking now is does anybody know places in Bangkok that charge less than 1000 baht, have nice swimming pool and clean comfortable room and no joiner fee?

Trooper,

If you definitely need a swimming pool, then Swiss Park should fit your needs. 1166 Baht/night. If you can do without, then Town Lodge at 1080 Baht/night. Includes all taxes and ABF.

Town Lodge is new, clean and nicely decorated. Total value for money. Friendly, service orientated and quiet. Offers free tuk tuk to end of the road /BTS. 100 baht/stay wireless internet in your room.

Sent at least 40 people there and all likes it. Better stop now, before it gets full all the time! ::

Tim

I think I was there in 2000 and the price was 7-800 baht (maybe high season), 980 baht 2006 is too high so if you thaihoteldiscounts can arrange a price under 900 I will consider it for my next stay in BKK, because location is one of the best possible! ::

Archived