Nice room anywhere in Bangkok for 1000 baht?

trooper

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for your reply.

On your website I see only 2 types of room, standard and jacuzzi but another site I see an intermediate Deluxe room. Isnt it possible to book a deluxe room?

Sorry guys to reply here but I didnt find how to send a pm (yet) :o

As the hotel only have 2 deluxe rooms, we didn't get them on our contract. However, we have sold the Deluxe room before. Same as standard except it has a bathtub.

Joeed

DS, hotels have many different rate structures. If you just ring them up you are paying "walk in" rates which are 100% of the room rate. Typically agents get rates around 70-80% which they then markup slightly for the end customer. There are then wholesale rates which are even lower for very large customers who normally sell directly to agents but sometimes to customers as well. I believe they are normally contractually obligated to not sell rooms below the 100% rate or all the agents would get pissed off so it doesn't matter how much you complain to them :)

bjon045,

My comments were tongue in cheek. When in Bkk (solo) this is the only Hotel I stay at.

I am well known here and I really like the treatment I get. I posted earlier in this thread, that last time I called to book, the receptionist knew my voice over an International line and as soon as I had said Hello, responded by saying .."Hello Mr.****...you want room 2** again, same before"...

There is no way I will change my relationship with these people for 120Bt a day..

But, for other Hotels, yes, I agree...I always shop around and generally book via the net...

Horses for courses, my friend.

:beer::beer:

Archived