How do you...?

SoiledCowboy

Having used IE from the beginning, I still do not know how to "reset" or to "make" IE "Open in new windows" fully open into a proper displayed window and not a shrunken window from some other closed window...know what I'm trying to say?..."open links in a new window" today gives me a window that always needs to be resized, and resized on every occasion...bloody annoying!

My experience is IE opens new windows that are the same size as the last one you closed. So close a small window and the next new window will be small. Close a big window and the next new window will be big. Knowing that you can make it do what you want.

I have tried everything that I can think of, like enlarging the window to the proper size and then closing it off only to have it still re-open always needing to be resized...come to think of it, the normal browser startups are fine, but the "open in new window" links are always needing adjustments for size, even if I resize these windows and close them off properly or otherwise, they're still not opening fully, last week these windows needed minor adjustment, this week the windows are 1/3 sized and always need an adjustment...just one of life's little annoyances that needs defeating.

SoiledCowboy said:

I have tried everything that I can think of, like enlarging the window to the proper size and then closing it off only to have it still re-open always needing to be resized...come to think of it, the normal browser startups are fine, but the "open in new window" links are always needing adjustments for size, even if I resize these windows and close them off properly or otherwise, they're still not opening fully, last week these windows needed minor adjustment, this week the windows are 1/3 sized and always need an adjustment...just one of life's little annoyances that needs defeating.

Had the same problem as you before..... you need to open the first screen, then go with the mouse to the left side and drag the border totally to the left, same thing on the right, top & bottom.

Now you have a full screen to close, and it will remember that for the next time, repeat as much as necessary if you plan to open many pages at the same time.

Do not use the " _ " and the " box " top right of the page.

Hope it helps.

BB

Ah how soon everyone forgets recent threads, where bibblies mentioned that tabbed browsing in IE has been around for years courtesy of other third-party browsers that use the IE core engine in their own "browser" product...I do occassionaly use this tabbed feature in one browser called Avant, it's setup to read the online newspapers etc etc, but use IE for single windows when doing website work, it's easier than closing multiple windows off just to begin, this is where the windows quite often need to be resized all the time.

Archived