Tattoo's on Bkk, safe or deadly?

Shibuya

Yes he (Jimmy Wong) is very good and has a reputation that spreads far and wide.

I suppose a lot of it boils down to whether you like the various styles of the individual tattooist. Whilst Jeab may not be as well known as Jimmy Wong he does do some great work IMHO.

I would love to have one of the tradional tattoos but haven't done so for two reasons.

Firstly, the people I know who have them say they hurt like hell to have them done....much more than mainstream type tattoos. I'm too much of a baby I'm afraid.

Secondly, apparently you have to know the story behind each type of traditional tattoo. They are said to hold magical powers and unless you know exactly what is behind them, they could have the reverse affect on you.

Nonetheless, I think some (not all) of the traditional stuff just looks superb.

I don't have one, mainly because I am scared shitless of infections...sanitation in this place was not that great it seemed...though some guy posted here he had gotton a few from this temple, and had no problems...

Anyone know of a book in English that explains all these different tattoos?

Yes, this is the temple I went to Wat Bang Phra, in Nakhon Phatom.

Very interesting place, the monks were friendly, and they allowed me to walk around and take tons of photos...I did a photo report on this last summer I think...in arts and culture forum I think it was called "Buddist Tattoos" or "monk tattoos" or something.

Here is the link...

http://nb.nanaplaza.com//showflat.php?Cat=&Number=431351&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Guest lazyphil

<<Secondly, apparently you have to know the story behind each type of traditional tattoo. They are said to hold magical powers and unless you know exactly what is behind them, they could have the reverse affect on you.>>

I had you down as a rational geezer, now it turns out you believe in all this Thai mumbo jumbo!!!

Archived