APEC Card

Nervous_Dog

Was alerted to it a couple of months ago.

Think it costs about $150 Aud and takes approx 3 months to have processed. Covers 12 Countries I think

Looks like a good Investment, especially given the waiting time in various Immigration areas lately.

Cheers

It is actually called the APEC Business Travel Card.

A few of the guys at my company who are on the road alot have them.Very useful for frequent travellers around SE Asia. I dont think you'd get one as an individual wanting easier immigration, no matter how much you travel.The card is for business travellers.It is most definately not for "Regional Sanukers".

A few snippets from the immigration site of one of the participating countries :

The APEC Business Travel Card provides accredited business people with streamlined access to participating APEC countries. Cardholders enjoy:

* express immigration clearance through special APEC lanes on arrival and departure

* no requirement to apply for visas or entry permits

* multiple entry to participating countries for a stay of up to 90 days on each visit.

The APEC Business Travel Card is available to business people engaged in trade and investment activities, who:

* are nationals of participating countries

* travel frequently to conduct trade and investment activities in participating APEC countries;

* have a clear criminal record.

MaiSabai said:

fuck you guys its only for oz & kiwi apparently & don't even get access to cambodia?

completely untrue.

refer to THIS LINK for information on nationalities that are eligibile.

you might be getting confised by the fact that you can only get the Aussie and Kiwi application forms online. But if you read ALL of the previous link you'll see a list of participating countries and the contact information for nationals of those countries wishing to get the card.

MaiSabai said:

ok if you wanna beat around the bush aside from asians there's peru & chile? any takers :)

beat around the bush ? whats up dude ! you got an issue ??? then take it up with the administrators of the APEC Business Card program.

last time i checked, aussies and kiwis were not asians.

Archived