2 jumpers on the same day

pe7e

what a sad suicide note from the belgian - is it 10 years wasted or living to the max? at least he give a clear reason for his decision :)

as for the younger norwegian - who knows, but again rather clear suicide :(

pattaya simply draws them all in especially the more mentally inclined suicide guys who end up worse than the average joe...

Deep depression and the hopeless feelings that come with it are incredibly powerful, sometimes even the support of friends and family isn't enough, there just seems no way out.

I'm sure most of us have been there one time or another; I know that a number of years ago, I was. I was fortunate enough to have a GF who dragged me to councilling, and only then could I slowly begin to appreciate the options that I couldn't see before, even though they should have been obvious to me.

I'm 62 now and looking back I can see how many times I was down and nearly out, but I always managed to struggle thru somehow and now have a life I can enjoy.

To read about these young guys giving-up with so many possibilities available to them is truly sad.

Pattaya ain't paradise when you're down and out.

Bangkoktraveler said:

I wonder how many sucides go unreported, especially in Bangkok.

Sure Pattaya is covered by media to 100 %.

As Pattaya is cheaper a lot of guys go there, a combination of drinking to much, out of money and probably losing the new big BG-love same time as out of money cause depressions and suicides.

In Bangkok these cases will never be in media.

After reading that the second one was under the care of hospital staff, it surely sounds like thios could easlily have been preventable...

One would have to evaluate hospital P/Ps. I would be shocked to find if LOS hospitals go to the great lengths (engineering, adminsistrative and personal protective equipment) western hospitals do and required to regarding this subject matter...

In america, a hosptal is scritunized for any hospital deaths and can easily found neglegent if proper protocol was not followed or not in place....

This is LOS so of course they house their suicide patients on the 5th floor (5th floor jumper). Maybe a better view makes them less depressed???

Our hosptials were retofitted or re-built so patients and especially these patients have no access to the outside (lockable windows, no balconies, etc) greater than two floors...

CB

Archived