Goo Off Needed Urgently

Mr Pickles

Do what OH said. I use goof off in my floor re-finishing business and it works great. I use paint thinner to get oil based paint off and lacquer thinner for harder things to get off. As OH said, nail polish remover also works great. Do not rub too hard or for very long or you will take off the finish/paint. If you absolutely need goof off, I can bring it with me and leave it at the front desk of the Manhatten Hotel on Thursday, July 13. I leave for Chiang Mai the same day and won't have time to drop it off personally.

OH, he's trying to get stickers off (from what, I don't know) and double adhesive tape (the only time that I've seen double adhesive used is on floors to tape plastic over the floors for protection. If he is trying to get both the sticker/tape off of surface, as well as the adhesive, I'd be very careful not to oversaturate material and let it sit for a long time. You will end up dulling the finish/paint/stain under the adhesive. I used goof off to take the tape/adhesive off of furniture that I sent from Thailand to U.S. I'm sure that the adhesive was on for 3 months. Even being careful, I saw red color on the rag that I was using to remove the adhesive from the rosewood furniture. If you don't have to worry about the surface under the adhesive, use acetone. If you are concerned, use goof off or paint thinner.

Hey thanks for all the great replies. I've got some double stick tape on the back of my Apple flat screen monitor which is made of aluminum and not sure if it's coated with something that gasoline or acetone might damage. I've also just moved into a new apartment where the previous tenant stuck all these hooks to the walls using double stick tape. Also on some kitchenware the stickers seem like they never want to full come off.

Archived