PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION

sayjann

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, has anyone been following the changes in Thierry Henry's value? They're utter bollocks!

Values are supposed to be based on a player's popularity. Henry's had 150,000 transfers more out than in since the season began yet he's 0.2 up on his initial value!

When he was injured, people were selling him at a rate of more than 40,000 a week but his value wasn't budging. Yet in the last two weeks, he's gone up each time on transfers in of just over 10,000! No other player's like this. It's bollocks.

This is the right thread for this. My bad.

Morten Gamst Pederson is out after injuring his hamstring on international duty. The Norway international limped off in the first half of his side's 2-1 defeat to Croatia and is now expected to be sidelined for at least a week. Maybe Bentley takes the set pieces. ;)

I was going to replace him with Arteta anyway this week.

Would have been a more difficult captain choice if there hadn't been a double-game this week. Normally it'd be Ronaldo but I'd a feeling he'd be rested after international duty (and it turned out he had a "heavy cold"). Lampard and Henry had equally easy games. I might have played safe and given Lampard the vote because I'm not 100% that Henry wouldn't be rested either.

Damn, KMan's even covered the Henry angle now. A Henry flurry was just about my last hope for eating into his lead .. but now he's got him too.

No fair, KMan... give us a chance... :(

He probably doesn't even read this thread anymore, does he? He's not playing against us - he's matching himself against the top 100.

I know you did your homework researching the players before the season. Anyone who had Ashley Young, who came up from the Championship, and Berbatov, after scoring many goals in the Bundesliga, knew what they were doing. It's too late for American national Clint Dempsey to make an impact for Fulham, but next year, he could eventually be the next Tim Cahill. You heard it here first. :shhh:

I know you did your homework researching the players before the season. Anyone who had Ashley Young, who came up from the Championship, and Berbatov, after scoring many goals in the Bundesliga, knew what they were doing. It's too late for American national Clint Dempsey to make an impact for Fulham, but next year, he could eventually be the next Tim Cahill. You heard it here first. :shhh:

Yeah, I did do a bit of research. Young came good and Berbatov did (though mostly after I'd got fed up and sold him :doah: )

One who didn't come right was another American, Bobby Convey. He was getting lots of goals and assists in the Championship, took a lot of Reading's set-pieces and I thought he was a bargain at 5.5m. Sadly though, he got injured quite early on.

Archived