Food in California

godolphin

I will be attending a week's training at a place near Santa Clara, Calfornia, airport in September, for one week.

Looks like the training is going to take up most of my time but my question is this:

What restaurants/eating experiences do you statesiders recommend, especially Mexican?

Thanks in advance guys.

Santa Clara is around 60-90 minutes away from San Francisco. There are several members, including Old Hippe, that live in San Francisco, that can give you advise about resturants (Mexican) in Northern California. The one that ogringo recommend sounds lke a California chain of resturants, so if they are in the Santa Clara area, you won't have any trouble finding them. The only time that I went to S.F. from Santa Clara was by train, so if you have time off, that is an option.

Thanks dean. Most helpful. I would truly love to see San Francisco, the bridge, the old hippy hangouts I fantasised about in my youth, the whole scene.

Alas, I'm only going to be in Santa Clara for a week and the training I will be doing is going to take up most of my time.

Nezt time I want to do Frisco properly.

Thanks for your kind advice anyway.

You won't have any problems finding a good mexican resturant, even in Northern California. If locals on this board haven't recommended any, I 'm sure that your hotel or someone in your training group can recommend a local favorite. I would tend to avoid the chain resturants (except for in and out burger, which is great) and go with a family run mexican resturant.

Archived