Flight to Hua Hin

drogon

I sincerely appologize.

The location has disapated from my brain.

The minibus was from Hua Hin to Pattaya. Stopped about midway but still heading north.

Wish I had saved a bottle. Label would have been valuable as to location.

Thai wine . . . got to love it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That great Thai wine might have been from the Siam Winery. They recently opened a vineyard and winery in the hills outside of Hua Hin- Khork Chang vineyards.

I'm a recent apostle of both their Colombard and Malaga Blanc grapes. Both complement perfectly the culinary diversity of your typical Thai meal.

Their Monsoon Valley label has been steadily improving and earning a lot of recognition. The floating vineyards in the Chaophaya delta are rather novel, too.

I remember that the thai wine production started with the purpose to create a millenium "champagne". I've not visited the wine district, just remember something about near BKK but I think it was on the western side. In 1999 I bought a not so bad red wine for 440 baht and some really bad red wine for 110 baht per bottle. Sorry to say that I never found that not-so-bad wine again.

MaiSabai said:

Quite sure Huahin airport is open at least the King is a keen user I'm sure.

Best thing to do is to try & call up the company to see it its still in operation. If so it sounds like a short & nice scenic haul worthwhile even most other members keep saying ground transportation is much better LOL :)

The Royal Family goes by helicopter directly to their residence, they don't use the HH Airport. (same Mr. T is doing)

cavanami said:

Yes, please details on the minibus.

Where did you start the journey? Ekkamai?

2500 Baht for a minibus sounds high?

Wine info (names)... :D

i took a taxi driver from Sukhumvit to HH. I paid 1'000 Baht plus gasoline.

It's about 10 years ago :: in the good ol' time. :: ::

Archived